Help installing custom app

Continuing the discussion from ST to Hubitat Piston Question:

I'm trying to install this app. Can you talk me through how to install it?

Sorry - I don't use Webcore. Which app did you mean? The one mentioned by @Inge_Jones? If you meant "Device Activity Check", then there are installation and use instructions here:

2 Likes

There's a great guide from Hubitat:

How to Install Custom Apps

2 Likes

Thank. I was able to save it under app codes but cant find it anywhere

After you add the code, you have to actually install an instance of the app. (This is similar to SmartThings if you are familiar with that as the other thread suggests). To do that, go to Apps > Add User App, find this one in the list, and select it to install.

1 Like

Yeah. Thats were im stuck. Im not getting a link called add user apps next to the add built in app.

After saving im getting an unexpected token:@ line2 colume 2.

If you don't have user app code added, you won't see that button. It sounds like something went wrong with the copy and paste of the code then. Make sure you're using the the "raw" GitHub link and not trying to copy the pretty-formatted code.

1 Like

Thanks. How can i get to the GitHub link?

It is the link visible in the preview of the thread you linked to, or you can find the full thing there. Here it is:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RMoRobert/Hubitat/master/apps/DeviceActivityCheck/DeviceActivityCheck2.groovy

1 Like

Thanks.

Thanks! That worked.

2 Likes

Click this link https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/hubitatpackagemanager/main/apps/Package_Manager.groovy

Then copy and paste the address from your address bar (make sure the .groovy is at the end)

Go to yourhubip and click APPS CODE

At the top click the NEW APP button

Click the IMPORT button

Paste the groovy address into the box and click the IMPORT button

After the code imports, click the SAVE button.

Go back to the main page and click the APPS button

At the top click ADD USER APP

Pick Hubitat Package Manager.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click DONE.

Now hubitat package manager will be available at any time and you can search for and install most community apps and drivers with just a few clicks. Easier than importing code each time. There is also @bptworld 's bundle manager that you can install from HPM to install is community software.

2 Likes

Thanks.