Help! How do I re-register a previously registered Hubitat C-5 Hub that was given to me?

I was given a Hubitat C-5 hub that was previously registered. This hub was given to me and I would like to re-register it but when I get to the registration page I'm prompted for my email address, password & password verify. After I enter all that information and press the Register button the following message appears: "An account with the given email already exists." I'm stuck at this point. I'm able to log into the hub but I can't associate it with my account. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Contact support by using the email at the top of this page. I am not exactly sure what they will ask you to do, but they are probably the only ones who can do (on the back end) what needs to be reset.

2 Likes

ping @bobbyD

Scott, thanks for your prompt reply. I sent support an email yesterday describing the situation and hopefully they will provide a solution that doesn't require me to jump through hoops. I have yet to hear back from them. Do you know how long it typically takes them to respond?

Thanks,

Greg S. Key

Looks like it just needs to have a full reset done:

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm not exactly sure what it takes to do a full reset. Is that the same as the 'Reboot Hub' option on the settings page?

Thanks, Greg S. Key

Instructions are here:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Full_Reset

Thanks again. I'll check out the link.

Greg S. Key