Hello Hubitat. Just ordered my hub

Hi there,
British convert currently using SmartThings (& Hue, Lightwaverf Gen2, Harmony Hub, Synology, Alexa, Siri and 50+ devices scattered around the house).

Looking forward to trying Rule Machine (coming from WebCoRE). Any reading recommendation on Rule Machine?

The Docs are probably a good place to start Rule Machine - Hubitat Documentation

Quite a few threads on helping people convert pistons to rules. A lot depends on what you are trying to do. Welcome aboard!

Webcore will allows several IFs in a Piston. Each IF will probably be it's own Rule in Rule Machine. I think that's the biggest hurdle for SmartThings minds to get past. You will use lots of Rules. The "trick" is in the Rule names, Make the names similar enough that they sort together. Yet also not so close other Rules sort in the middle.

2 Likes

Welcome! another brit here from st once you've found your way round HE you won't look back :sunglasses: shout up if you need any help.

There is documentation in the community on getting started with Rule Machine. If you have questions converting or trouble, post it here. You'll have a ton of help. The win win here is that this community is ... well ... AWESOME. WebCoRE thinking will lessen as you familiarize yourself with rule machine. Also .. you'll notice it's freaky fast. Welcome to Hubitat.

I wish... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
This spring I'm going to learn Groovy thoroughly.

Oh Keith, you don't give yourself enough credit. I see you here. Helping people out like no tomorrow.

Haha, I know it but I would love to get to the level of actually understanding why code doesn't work.
Once work work settles down. :upside_down_face:

Let me know what you use to learn. I might hop on board with that.

1 Like

It's called guess and check.
It's a crude machine but it gets me around. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
@olivier.rousseau definitely search question here and post any questions. We're all trying to make our Jetsons house.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all Your messages. A bit too much time before it arrives, so i’ll Be reading :wink:

I have LightwaveRF gen1 running through an RPi. Keeps it all local. How are you doing yours?
I have published the (ST speak here) Device Drivers in another thread. Will find it for you.
I'm assuming they should work for gen2.
Have fun.

EDIT: Here's the thread.