Heiman support

I have an LED strip from Heiman, sold by Lidl. It's Zigbee 3.0, so should be compatible with Hubitat.
I can pair it with Hubitat but it's only recognized as a CT and works perfectly as that. Just no color support.
I have a Deconz on the side for some buttons not supported by Hubitat (thanks @martinez.mp3) and in the Phoscon frontend I have full control over colors. The Deconz driver doesn't support colors at the moment.

The strip has 6 pins:
1 - VCC
2 - C
3 - R
4 - B
5 - G
6 - FW

I can see under the device in Hubitat that there's some device variables (red, green, last CT and so on) but the red, green and blue variables doesn't change.
So I'm left with a feel that the Generic Zigbee RGBW driver isn't compatible with this kind of LED strip where the color channels are separated.
Do anybody know if there's a driver which is capable of that?

change the driver to one of the two zigbee color either rgb or rgbw.. i had the same issue with the lighify strip and it workes fine under those drivers..

1 Like

Please post the fingerprint from the device page and tag mike maxwell so he can add it to the driver.
Copy paste the "data" section from "device details" and we can get the product added

EXAMPLE:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 41
  • driver: v0.8.1.0830
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,0006
  • outClusters: 0019
  • model: TS0011
  • manufacturer: _TYZB01_rifa0wlb

Yeah, I've tried this with multiple built-in drivers. Not user based ones, because I couldn't find any.

Copy directly from data section:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 50
  • model: TS0505A
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_riwp3k79

For those who's trying to add Heiman sensors to their Hubitat.
These aren't supported OOTB, but they do work.

First add the sensor to Hubitat. It will be recognized as a 'Device', and won't do much.
Go to the device and change the driver to 'Generic Zigbee motion'. This alone won't let it work.
Go the 'Discover device' function and start the ZigBee search, set the motion sensor in pairing mode. If done correctly, Hubitat should show your device as already paired, but now the sensor will actually work.

Hmmm, that's weird, when devices don't match a driver on pairing the hub is supposed to list the in/out clusters, like in my example, so yours did not do that. To capture the correct info, change your driver to "Device", then save device. Open logging in a separate tab. Go to the device and click the "get info" button from device page, then the fingerprint will show up in the log page, that's the info mike needs to fix the driver. Be sure to change driver back when you're done

1 Like

Hmm - sounds like the initial pairing was incomplete. How far was the sensor from the C7? How many repeaters on your zigbee network?

Just tried this, with a working sensor mind you. And I don't get any info. The clusters does get listed at pairing in the More.. section. But Hubitat doesn't act on it.

About 2 meters and I have about 20 routers on my Zigbee network.
It seems as Hubitat does not recognize the device. As to why, I don't know.

1 Like

@akafester Any progress with the led light strip?

@One Not much. Wrote about my latests discovery here:

I'm sadly not a developer, so I have no idea how to fuse the IKEA driver with the Generic one. I'm hoping that Hubitat will add XY color support to the Generic RGB(W) driver so there's support OOTB.
The "problem" is also with the GU10 lights.

Thank you @akafester for the tip with adding the motion sensor to Hubitat. I did it twice, the second time I waited longer. It took a minute or so before it started working. Has been working fine for the last half an hour or so.

The LED strip is working perfectly, but I've connected it to the Hue bridge.

The smart plug paired beautifully and works 100%.

The Christmas lights aren't working when connected to Hue bridge (they do connect).
Linked to the Hubitat directly, they are working, but the colors are really terrible.
Connected to the Silvercrest Gateway, they are working perfectly. However the fading and changing of colors are a bit sticky, but hey, it's only for Christmas :slight_smile:

Hey there, I tried this with the LIDL Silvercrest Motion sensors.

Unfortunately they still don't work after a few attempts. Based on your and other comments I'm not losing hope, but is there something else I need to consider?

I put it in pairing mode by long pressing the switch in the hole until the light is blinking green. the device gets picked up. I set it to "generic ZigBee Motion sensor no temp". Then go back to discovery, do the same thing again. Hub rediscovers the device,but the sensor keeps blinking red every few seconds, and no device events are showing up.

Is there anything I missed?

EDIT:

Never mind, by the time I wrote this, it started responding. As the commenter above stated, waiting a bit seems to work.

Thanks anyway for your post :ok_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.