Heated floors

Just got heated floors and the contractor put in a dumb (very dumb) thermostat.

wondering if anyone has had any luck with heated floor thermostats

Can you show a photo of the thermostat wiring? These are usually line voltage thermostats, but there are exceptions. Sinopé and Stelpro make Hubitat-compatible line voltage thermostats.

1 Like

il have to take it off the wall. he put in a UTN4/ATN4 if that helps (https://www.homedepot.com/p/WarmlyYours-nTrust-Non-Programmable-Thermostat-with-Floor-Sensor-UTN4-4999/301034045)

1 Like

Looks like this will work as long as it doesn't exceed 3600W, i.e. 15A at 240VAC

thats why i love this community. so helpful! thanks ill look at this one!

1 Like

on amazon i saw this gateway tagged to the product: Amazon.com

is that needed for hubitat or can it connect directly?

This. The thermostat is a zigbee 3.0 device that will directly pair to Hubitat, and there is a specific built-in driver for this Sinopé thermostat (TH1300ZB).

I have my Sinope TH1300ZB connected to my Quiet Warmth panels. The thermostat is okay and stays mostly connected. There are several discussions here about Sinope line voltage thermostats. Also a few 3rd party drivers that help with the display. I was never able to get my thermostat to show outside temp, although others seem to have been able.

Sinope all the way. They have a new version out now. 3600 W – Zigbee

1 Like

I have Sinope throughout my home (we don’t have a natural gas main so all heat is electric). I also have the TH1300ZB on our Kitchen floor. Everything is controlled by HE and it all works perfectly.

BC and Quebec residents also get instant rebates for a limited time each year. The discount period has passed, but I’ve seen it come up every year around early February timeframe.

1 Like

Depends what kind of heated floors i have 6 zone using fluid . They use regular therm .. no c wire so.i use ct100 plus.

nest thermostat can do heated floors and I have it connected to Hubitat.

Another vote for the Sinope TH1300ZB... Works very well in my master bathroom.

2 Likes

Thanks all the sinope is amazing!!!

I have one issue. Can’t figure out how to turn it off from the unit itself. Any ideas?

I think only the back light goes off.... Otherwise just lower the temp to below what the ambient temp can get to. (In my case I just drop it to 50 during the summer so it can't come on)