HE spamming logs - Firmware update for [:] failed

Well - I thought I'd solved this by doing 3 things but no luck. I have tried the following for the 2 IRIS motion sensors (v3):

1. Changed driver to "device" and deleted any scheduled jobs
  2. Changed driver to Generic Zigbee motion (instead of the one with motion/temp/humidity)
  3. Download backup, do a soft reset and restore from backup

@jtp10181 - I have not tried your hack because the timing of the warnings is so unpredictable (it stopped for > 12 hours and then happened within 3 hours again) and while I think that it is related to the IRIS motion sensors, I cannot be sure (I have quite a few zigbee devices, so it would be quite a painful process).

Does anyone know if zigbee devices can try and update on their own (not user initiated)? Do IKEA and Xiaomi devices do something? Anything else that I should/could try?

By happy (unhappy?) coincidence, I managed to turn on debug logging for the IRIS motion sensor just at the time the firmware update warning happened.

This is what I see in the logs:

@mike.maxwell - does this mean anything?

Yesterday morning, I removed the 2 IRIS Motion Sensors (v3) from HE and I am no longer seeing the "warning" for failed firmware update (it has been over 24 hours).

I do have a need to use these sensors, so if anyone is using them on a C-5,(latest firmware) can you let me know if you are not seeing these log messages? Also, which driver are you using? Since I removed both at the same time, I don't know if I just have a sensor that is acting up or if there is something else going on.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

It took me a while to get to this but here is a link to the solution

Hope this helps!

That's awesome, thanks very much for the detailed write-up!

I have some of these pieces in place already but your flows will help me to fill in the gaps :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.