HE ICloud Integration Anyone?

Has anyone looked at integrating iCloud with Hubitat? I know there are many alternatives on Android and many of the readers here have strong feelings about that but not interested in starting a debate on platform supremacy here :slight_smile:
I have HomeAssistant running a few integrations that don’t exist or that I haven’t had time to migrate over to HE and iCloud integration is one of the cooler ones on that platform. Ultimately I would like to transition fully to HE for simplicity unless HubConnect or HE Mesh would start supporting bi-directional links with HomeAssistant (hmmm another feature request?).
So I was wondering if anyone attempted this or would look into porting it over?
Reference URL: GitHub - gcobb321/icloud3: iCloud3 is a device_tracker custom_component for iPhones, iPads & iWatches that monitors zone & location events triggered by the HA iOS Companion App

Basically on HomeAssistant, I am getting a slew of information from iCloud - geofencing / location for the entire family and friends as an alternate or complement to Life360 and HE app / Alexa / HomeKit geofencing
A ton of attributes related to our family’s Apple devices - state, location, charge details, WiFi connected and many other per device level details inclusive of Apple Watch, iPads, MacBook and all things Apple.
Any pointers for similar functionality that someone already rolled out would be appreciated. If nothing else, it is worth looking into and starting a discussion. It would be a simpler, more native to HE method than spawning a collection of virtual switches to HomeBridge / HomeKit and reading them back via HomeKit automations.

Thanks for reading, Avi

1 Like

Did you find anything on this?

Wow this sounds pretty cool. Didn’t know it was possible to get all that through iCloud.

You can also get iCal events - making it possible to have them act as automation triggers,

I use that to get the house ready for the housekeeper (automation-wise), although after last week’s missing cat event, I no longer have a housekeeper.

2 Likes