HE Generic Garage driver missing battery state

Now that I have had the GoControl for 2+ years it has started to put out a battery low event which manifested itself as a Door Open/Close. Problem is the driver doesn't handle a battery state so I can't act upon it proactively.
Can we get the (tilt sensor) battery added to the driver please.
A little unnerving when I get an alarm at 04:30 saying someone is breaking into the garage - where I store my Porsche. First world worries :wink:

contact closed DEVICE Garage Door Shed
Away Alert (deviceHandler)
Alarm State Full (deviceHandler)
Garage Doors (deviceHandler)
2023-03-14 04:31:10.143 PDT
door closed Garage Door Shed is closed DEVICE Garage Door Shed
2023-03-14 04:31:10.142 PDT
contact open DEVICE Garage Door Shed
Away Alert (deviceHandler)
Alarm State Full (deviceHandler)
Garage Doors (deviceHandler)
2023-03-14 04:31:05.872 PDT
door open Garage Door Shed is open DEVICE Garage Door Shed
2023-03-14 04:31:05.872 PDT

PS I see it also generates a Tamper alarm as well when I changed the battery.
@bobbyD

1 Like

Still having Ghost open and closes but upon further thread research it seems there is no battery level available from the device so closing thread.

I have a 5 year old one that's branded "Linear" and it has ghost open/closes every day. It wasn't always that way.. I'd say the first 2 years were 'clean' but for a very long time I've been seeing false open / closes. Before I bought the GDO, I had an Ecolink Tilt sensor on the garage door providing me alerts and it's still there. When the false alerts started coming in from the GDO, of course I changed the battery and a day or two later, at exactly the moment I was feeling confident, the false alerts began again. I switched to using the Ecolink's status to drive my alert. That's been 100% reliable. It was easy for me because the Ecolink Tilt Sensor predated the GDO and I didn't have any need to use it elsewhere so there it sat, unused.

In fact, a false pair of events occurred within the past half hour:

Have you seen this thread? Sounds like a common issue.

Yes, was just there thanks.
I'll reboot the GDO this morning and see what happens.
Last night we were woken up twice with my Google speakers blasting of a break in :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.