HE Features and Requests for 2022?

Perhaps you made a shortcut and saved it on your desktop?

4 Likes

Possibly a Discus app (the software that runs this forum) or something? If it goes to the community, it isn't the app that controls the dashboard and other devices.

Looks like it was downloaded from the app store and is some sort of forum wrapper. No idea when I got it.

I'm uninstalling to remove confusion. Thanks guys!

I have the same thing with the official app and the Community link on my phone. I expect the one applied to the Community is automatically assigned by Chrome when you say Send to Home Screen, most likely based on some meta-data / icon associated with the web site. So beyond Hubitat changing this icon for the Community site, I don't expect they would have any other control over this happening.

Alternatively, you can get to the Community inside the official app, from the Social Media section.

1 Like

But that is always how Hubitat has been - that's not new, so there is no inflection point or issue that needs to be fixed that is new/different. They have never published roadmaps or upcoming features (other than ones that were basically done, so zero risk to talk about).

If others go chasing new/shiny, with HA or other products, I guess that's OK at this point. Maybe they will find something else that meets their needs better, maybe not. And Hubitat may be OK with that if they are chasing an integration or support they aren't planning to provide.

I'm really agreeing with you more than not, even though it may not sound like it. I would love it if they published roadmaps - they don't though, not even to beta testers. It just isn't how they want to run this product/company.

1 Like

Yep. It's provided by the Discourse forum software. This Discourse installation is titled as "Hubitat":

<meta property="og:site_name" content="Hubitat" />

Perhaps the title of this installation could be updated from "Hubitat" to "Hubitat Community" or something to reduce confusion. It is community.hubitat.com vs hubitat.com already.

2 Likes