HE compatible thermostat for uk

I just posted this request guys. I guess it ties in with this thread if anyone can help?

Unfortunately, BRT-100 Zigbee interface does not allow to set the heatingSetpoint with 0.5 precision. 0.5 resolution can be set only manually from the TRV touch screen controls. I double-checked again today, Zigbee commands allow only integer values to be sent to the device.

That's very unfortunate. I had a similar issues with my Heatmiser Neostats with @cjcharles driver. However this was resolved upon a request to CJCharles. Whey are WIFI stats rather then ZigBee. Such a shame but thanks for exploring this

Heatmiser is actually ZigBee too, but a super obfuscated weird version of it with a LAN controller that actually does the talking to the thermostats.

All my Trv's have 0.5 settings, send me link to driver

This is the link to the driver latest version, but there is nothing that can be done on driver level, BRT-100 eTRV heatingSetpoint command requires the temperature as integer number (not multiplied by 10 or by 2 as some other TRVs).

Blimey Stuey, apologies! Haven't been looking at this for a few weeks, too much other stuff going on. Sorry I wasn't on hand to help with the frustration.
I imagine the moment has passed, but in case it hasn't and in case it's useful for anyone else, here's a scan of the instructions that came in the boxes I got. (Slightly cropped, I now see: let me know if something critical is missing!)

That's very kind of you. Brilliant and appreciated!

Hi,
Just a minor bit of feedback on this.
After months of not having been touched, we’ve made a small bit of progress on one site.
The dumb non smart programmer has been replaced with Heatmiser neostats, so I visited to start tinkering.
Pretty much all the Sonoff sensors had fallen off the Zigbee network. A couple had flat batteries after 8 months, others needed adding again via add device. A bit annoying. Having to add devices by physically pressing buttons means a site visit.

However, all the Moes TRVs (as above) were still attached and working as required. I had feared that they would be the weakest link. Fingers crossed they continue to behave well as I inch forwards with setup.

2 Likes