HE compatible thermostat for uk

Just looked and it says this

“For a limited time, you may set your price for IFTTT Pro and we will honor it indefinitely. All subscriptions are in US$ and renew monthly.”

That’s very acceptable I think and Pro is supposed to be faster typically under 3 secs response and allows more complex flows.

Is this doable in the UK?

Yes

Can anyone direct me to a guide on how to do this, and what thermostat will work with it. Would be a huge help to me!

There isn't enough appetite or knowledge to tackle hive it's not so easy from what I understand

I only use 2 triggers. One for 14 degrees and one to turn back to schedule. If you have schedule in hive app what control do you need?

@lewiselleray4 Is Hive IFTTT not working, or just not enough flexibility ?

Climate control isn't really in need of real time operation

As my wife works shifts we had a whole webcore in ST dedicated to our heating that provided boosts based on geolocation and also if phone was on charge in bedroom etc and also on home modes...
I may need to bite the bullet and accept a simple schedule and away methodology and manual boosting via Alexa

Ah. I did find details about an API, but I didn't know if any of it was valuable and no one I tagged here picked it up. It's likely possible, just needs time and knowledge

So is the only way really to have temperature control on the hub is to set triggers on IFFTTT?

I have my Tado thermostat integrated ok.
It is cloud based but it means I can control it through HE and ignore the Tado app.

Can you please explain how to integrate the tado thermostat? I have the thermostat but have no idea how to do it!

The first thing I did for my heating was to delete all the schedules I had in the Tado app. (You might want to leave this until you have TS working well for you first).
I am using webCoRE to control it but you can use a 'built in' app called Thermostat Scheduler (TS).
With TS you can set up your heating schedules.
You find TS in the web UI under Apps - Add Built In App.
There is a thread for using TS.
I have also set up various rules to control TS when doors or windows are open to turn heating up/down/off etc.

Cheers mate, could you show me how it looks on your dashboard please

I'm not sure if this is going to help or confuse but here is my heating dashboard.
heatingSetpoint.
This is blank as my heating is off at the moment so no heating set point will be displayed.
thermostsMode
Self explanatory. Heating is off at the moment.
temperature
This is the current temp in the room where the Tado thermostat is.
23c and idle
Current state of the Tado heating system.
Heating Switch
This is a virtual switch I use to turn my heating on or off. Off pauses TS and turns heating off. On enables TS and the set points within TS become active.
Heating Boost Switch
When turned on this pauses TS and sets the heating to a higher level for 1 hour.
Heating Turn On Permanently
I use this when we are away. Lets say we just get back from holiday and it is December. When we arrive at our home airport I turn this on and it pauses TS and sets the heating to a low level to get the chill off.
Water Switches
These do similar things to the heating switches.

Like I say not sure if this will help or hinder as all the above are under pinned with rules to turn On/Off/Pause TS to get things as I want.
It took a while to get right but it pretty much works as I want it now.

Thanks for the detailed response, has helped me out considerably!

The first thing I would do if I were you would be to look at TS and set it up to run your heating/hot water.
Then move on to rules to under pin TS and get it fine tuned when you open doors or various other things if you want to.
I would start with a virtual heating switch that you turn on or off to turn TS on or off.

I'm looking to ditch my Hive and have total local control. Already brought a Aeotec TRV to play with and I keep eyeing up this Thermostat.

1 Like

SALUS WQ610RF is OpenTherm and uses Zigbee communication.

1 Like

How do you pair it to HE? Reading the instructions the thermostat only pairs to the boiler relay.