[SOLVED] Having troubles with Inovelli Fan/Light Switch

Hi,

I'm having trouble to sync my z-wave devices with the new C7 Hub. Honeywell smart on/off switch and dimmer switch just discover as a Device, and don't work with generic driver.

I just bouth the 70 dollars Inovelli fan + light switch and is also discovering as a Device, no a fan or switch, I'm no able to control the seitch through the dashboard.

Probably this. They are testing a fix, which should be out soon.

1 Like

Wait a few days for 2.2.3

1 Like

I would also advise to wait at this point. There are workarounds, but no sense in beating yourself up if there is going to be a fix shortly.

1 Like

Is this a known problem? Sorry if I'm a little lost .

Click on that link I posted. It explains everything. Yes, this is a known issue.

4 Likes

The updated already rolled out today. I still have problems with the Inovelli fan + light switch, the off button doesn't turn off the fan, and I can't se all the configurations that the inovelli switch is capable of.

Also, The switches don't work on the dashboard

Do you mean the "Off" button on the switch? If so, that's unrelated to Hubitat. The switch is Z-Wave, but the ceiling module communicates to and from the switch over its own protocol outside the domain of any hub. If the "Off" button/command on the device page doesn't work that is possibly something on the hub or nwrowkr (though if the physical button on the switch doesn't work, this is unlikely to work either and may still not be anything on the Hubitat side).

In what way? I might assume you mean Z-Wave Central Scenes. If so, Hubitat will only interpret up to a double tap (meaning you'll lose out on taps 3-5 unless you use Inovelli's driver). But in any case, you won't "see" much on the device page about those aside from the attributes whose values your actions may or may not update. These actions just generate events that you can use in apps (e.g., Button Controller) and respond appropriately. If you keep description text logging (or info logging) on as it is by default, you should also see a summary of the event in "Logs" as it happens.

All the physical buttons work OK, the ploblem is on hubitat, devices control, when I hit off, nothing happens.

About the configuration, this is what I mean.

This is all it allow you to do, when in reality it allows you to do like 60 different types of configurations for notifications and more.

For any Z-Wave parameters not exposed via the Hubitat driver, you could use the Basic Z-Wave Tool (an unofficial driver written by staff that, among other things, allows you to change any Z-Wave parameter). You can temporarily switch to that driver to change it, then move back. Inovelli also allows some changes to be made from the device itself.

If you mean the notification LED, that is best done via the setIndicator() command (see the calculator in the tool-tip). This is technically also a Z-Wave parameter but generally one you'd want to set in an automation (using this command) rather than on a near-permanent basis like most others.

As for the "off" problem, do any other commands work? Does the device accurately report state back to Hubitat? Perhaps there is some device or network problem preventing it from working if not. You could try removing (excluding) it from Hubitat and trying again if basic Z-Wave network troubleshooting (like making sure it's in range of your hub or another Z-Wave repeater and maybe doing a Z-Wave repair) doesn't work.

Yes, all the other command i have tested, worked correctly except for the off command on the fan switch. I tested the device on smartthings and it works flawlessly.

These are all the configurations available for LZW36 | Fan + Light Red Series (Gen 2). This is the driver code made by inovelli, but today Hubitat included a new one in the last firmware update.

1 Like

I suggest using the Inovelli Drivers which cann be downloaded from their github or by using the Package Manager. I have a F/S combo and I've been using it with Inovelli's drivers successfully so far.

As long as it is not paired S2 you can use the old driver. If it is paired with S2 security the Inovelli (aka not in-box) drivers have to be updated first (as I don't think they have been yet - I apologize if I'm wrong on that).

I just went to the Inovelli Github, and it appears to me (for whatever that is worth) @ericm has updated these.

2020-08-05: Adding S2 support for C-7 Hub.

There was even an update today (just now!) for some other things.

1 Like

Awesome, they are on top of things!!!

I'm having the problem with the new hub update, the original inovelli driver works OK, the new one is the one missing a lot of features and not working properly.

The missing features in the in-box driver is likely intentional. In-box drivers typically do not have every feature a device supports - just the most common ones.

As for why OFF is not working - I don't know. It obviously should.

I am confused I guess.

• So the previous Inovelli driver worked?

• And you updated the Inovelli driver and now it doesn't work?

• Or did you switch to the Hubitat driver instead of an Inovelli driver, and that is what is not working?

If it was an Inovelli to Inovelli driver update, and that broke something, hopefully EricM can fix that.

I made a Z-Wave exclusión first, then install the switch, which was immediately recognized by the hub, then the problems started. I had to changed the driver to the old one for the switch to properly work.

I'm confused about what is going on. If you have our latest driver released today everything should work. If not, can you be specific about what doesn't work?

Since the new Hubitat firmware includes their driver, that is the driver that will always be chosen upon inclusion. This creates child devices that are compatible with their driver. So, if you switch to ours you will need to "Save Preferences" to create child devices compatible with our driver and then delete the ones that their driver created.

1 Like