Having trouble with ZigBee devices

OK. That confirms your theory that the issue is either the zigbee mesh or the devices. You haven't recently unplugged any devices that were previously part of your zigbee mesh, have you?

Have not changed anything but the c7 IP

All Zigbee devices are battery operated

Wait... what? These devices really look like plug-in devices:

Your correct, but the plug in all work

Yeah. So that "Art's 4 button remote" is routing via the coffee pot. But the coffee pot is not a great router. I think that may be an indication of the problem. The zigbee mesh isn't all that strong.

1 Like

What's the fix? Reinstall the ZigBee coffee pot plug?

If you go into setup and look at the zigbee details what channel are you using?

I'm not quite sure why but I would guess somehow changing out your router disrupted an already borderline zigbee mesh. But that's just a guess at this point.

Does your router allow you to turn off the 2.4ghz radio? All your wifi devices would have to be 5ghz capable or they'd lose connectivity - some of them might anyway - but running like that for 24 hours would be a decent test.

And if my suspicion is correct the solution is to put in more repeating devices.

What does your network configuration look like? How does the hub connect to the router, etc?

Zigbee is using channel 20
I can't turn off the 2.4 ghz the new router has some kind of auto find. It doesn't show separate frequencies.
So the answer is a repeater? Add a USB or ZigBee repeater device in near the buttons?
Is so, any suggestions?

The hub is directly connected to the router

Have you tried simply switching the zigbee channel to a rugged channel 25?

After that you would manually go through all sleep devices (battery powered) and wake them manually by opening / closing or pushing their button

That won't take 24 hours to reset?

I dont see why that would take 24h. The plugged in devices will change immediately.
If you manually wake up all the battery powered devices that should take as long as it takes you to wake them uo one by one, lets say an hours or two max?

Ok I'll give it a try

None of the buttons work now. Still working with the dashboard app

Try monitoring using this link

http://hubitat.local/hub/zigbeeLogs

If you wake up a battery powered device, it should show up on the log

Nothing at all shows

Not even the plugged in devices? Have to power cycled the hub? You can do this at the mains plug, best not at the usb side on the hub. Wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in

This is what it says on the ZigBee channel screen

Changing the Zigbee channel will take some time for the devices to find the new channel. Please be patient, it could take up to 24 hours (or longer) for some devices to update.

I know, but not for the plugged in ones. They usually refresh within seconds or no more than an hour