Haven't upgraded in a while

I currently have a C5 running 2.2.5.131.

I am looking at upgrading to the latest version.

My most used apps are Button Controller 3.x, RM 4.0-4.1 and Simple Automation 1.1

I just wanted to verify the Roll back plan in case the upgrade doesn't go as planned and also what to look out for that might loose functionality/break during this upgrade. Any help/advise would be appreciated.

While updating from versions older than a year may cause some problems, you should be fine upgrading from 2.2.5. If anything goes wrong, you can always restore previous version from the Diagnostic Tool .

Before you click update, I would make sure that your hub is running the latest version of the Diagnostic Tool. Follow these instructions to download the latest version.

3 Likes

Everything worked without a hitch! Now to read up on new features!

Thanks

3 Likes

Well, I haven't updated in an even longer while...
I have to get from 2.1.6 on a C-4 to something newer.
I have diagnostic tool 1.0.81 but nothing newer installs when I try to update that.

Does anyone know if there is an intermediate update I could or should make? Reading through all the release notes, it sounds like there are some fairly major changes.

If I download the latest and it doesn't go well, will "Restore Previous Version" go all the way back to 2.1.6?

I gather I also need to download/backup the db separately, right?

Any advice on process greatly appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.