Have there been any improvements with 1.1.3.114?

Are the issues with 1.1.3.114 still making the hub sluggish and webcore unusable ?

Tried this for webCoRE?

I upgraded to 1.1.3.114, and I'm still getting occasional delays, but it's much better. webCoRE has always been more or less as usable to me as the rest of the hub, perhaps with slightly longer delays when there were any, but it is definitely better (maybe even the same as regular apps since I oepend all the pistรณn child apps and clicked "Done").

So far I haven't been tempted to go back to 1.1.2 today. :slight_smile:

So you have to edit every piston then save ?

Not edit in the webCoRE "IDE" sense--just open the child app in Hubitat and click "Done." For extra measure, I also went to the parent webCoRE app and did a "Clean up and rebuild data cache," but I'm not really sure if that's necessary.

I'm still having delays of a few seconds on occasion, including webCoRE pistons (but also just regular apps), so I'm not really sure what's going on, but it's definitely better than it was before (just not as good as 1.1.2).

I have friends that are still having massive issues with the new FW. Seems the HE coders are blaming everyone elses custom apps and/or DH. Not a good business model IMO.

As far as I can tell the main thing with 1.1.3.114 is the GUI being slow as molasses. The rest seemed okay except for webcore stuff.

I see the community trying to politely have an intervention with webCoRE users. :wink:

I saw @bravenel offered very constructive advice to help webCoRE users get what they want. I have not seen any blatant blame, lack of support or professional attitude toward the issue.

What I do see is what would appear to be a concerted effort to chase down issues that are effectively giving HE a bad rap in the community it does not deserve. Very frequently webCoRE is mentioned along with complaints about the hub performance.

3 Likes

It's not blatant blame.... its a fact. HE is a awesome hub but the 1.1.3 versions have ruined something and webcore is taking the brunt of that blame by the HE developers and that is unfair. Webcore worked perfectly in versions 1.1.2 and below and I have 2 friends that removed webcore completely and are still having issues with slow commands even with RM and slow hub.

I'm on 1.1.2 and I don't have any extreme issues with sluggish hub, RM or webcore. I tried 1.1.3 and it was so bad my hub locked up on me more then once.

BTW I still use HE... I just refuse to upgrade again knowing its not a viable versions

We would like to look at your hub to see why your GUI is slow. We are not seeing this in any of our test hubs. Granted, we are not running webCoRE.

We aren't blaming webCoRE for anything, but we are seeing a correlation of slow hubs and hubs running webCoRE. We don't know why this is. For large systems without webCoRE, we and others are not seeing any slowdown. Is there a conclusion to be drawn? We don't know...

Send me a PM if you are willing for us to take a look...

3 Likes

Sure thing. I'm back on 1.1.1.119 though. And since my slowdown observation I have moved 90% of my pistons to RM. But I do still have webCoRE running a few complicated things if you want to have a gander.

*edit: Back on 1.1.3.114 to see

So, every click in the GUI takes at least 30 seconds to register.

I am going to remove webcore now. It will take quite a few minutes to complete. If the hub magically speeds up when it's finished uninstalling, then..........

webcore

webCoRE is uninstalled now and I have deleted all the app codes. I am noticing a remarkable speedup, but is not 100% back to normal and I have a popup msg saying "Zigbee network is not online". So I'm going to reboot the hub now.

1 Like

Guess what folks

Hub is back in fully functional order without webCoRE.

Strangely as soon as I clicked "reboot hub", every single device in my house powered off - both zwave and zigbee. Finally getting to webcore and uninstalling was an exhaustive experience I guess.

I'm going to reinstall webCoRE now and see what happens.

add webcore back and build a few pistons and see what happens

That was just your hub heaving a massive sigh of relief :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I too was experiencing slow performance with the UI only, but I installed the latest hotfix this morning and I do not see an issue worth mentioning now. I'm seeing around a 3 second response time, vs the instant response I saw when clicking between "Drivers" and "Apps" in the UI as an example. If there is now some overhead from new integrations that is causing this, it's really not a big deal to me. Hub performance is fast, just as it has always been for me.

What I witnessed before was around 5-10 seconds delay depending on what I was doing. I don't have webCoRE and never have. I have only one Z-Wave device on my system right now. Wonder if a single Z-Wave device could have been the culprit. Anyway, the UI is definitely working acceptably since the last update.