Hate to be a newbie with Hubitat...but need some q's answered

I was thinking of Insteon

1 Like

Awesome thanks! That was a lot of help!

One more q on Nest. Is that with the Google SDM API app? I've just barely looked at it but it looks like you need a developer login?

Yes, just follow the directions from the developer including pay $5 to get into the developer area. As a bonus you can then set up the Gmail calendar integration that works well too.

1 Like

Is there any chance there is a way to get to all the functions of Homeseer dimmers?

IE All 5 taps?

Or send the documented z-wave settings to the switch for things like local and remote dim rates etc?

THANKS for the help!

You would need a custom driver. I would start with this one: [RELEASE] HomeSeer HS-WX300 Driver (dimmer and switch) (it says on the post it should work for the 200+ as well) @bertabcd1234 makes top notch stuff so I am sure it works well.

1 Like

Correct, that's where the 5 bux comes in at. But honestly I just bring mine into hubitat with an Ecolink firefighter. Since the nests are all tied together I only really need one.

I’m not sure I follow that…can I add one of those and then control my thermostat somehow natively in Hubitat?

Are you asking about the Ecolink Firefighter? If so, the answer is no -- it's just a passive device that listens for smoke/CO alarms (from any dumb/smart smoke detector) and relays that info to HE. It's just a way to make any smoke detector "smart" in the sense you get alarm info incorporated into HE.

A Zooz Zen55 is a similar such device.

1 Like

I believe @rlithgow1 somehow thought you were talking about Nest Protect smoke detectors, instead of Nest Thermostats…

3 Likes

Sorry I was thinking best protect not the thermostat. (Thermostat sucks though, get a Honeywell t6 pro z-wave)

Thanks but fine with Nest...it's a huge share of the market...don't understand limited support..

I have a Nest 3rd Gen with two extra sensor pucks, works great. Got it long before Hubitat.
The Google SDM integration works fairly well. If you try and make a lot of changes from the hub all at once the API can get throttled. So not great for constantly fiddling with the temperature. If you just want to make a few rules to change states it should work good.

1 Like

Blame Google.

I know from using Nest with Homeseer you have to space changes out or you see an error come back in the log. I just add a "wait" of 30 seconds between things like setting it to HEAT and then to 70 degrees.

Speed really doesn't impact setting a Thermostat...so I'm fine.

1 Like

You should be good then. Its a bit of work to setup the Integration but the dev has great instructions. You will find that Hubitat is focused on local control and does not typically provide cloud integrations. Luckily the community is great at filling in the gaps.

I have WD-200 dimmer, using supplied driver.

Current States

• doubleTapped : 2
  • held : 1
  • level : 55
  • numberOfButtons : 12
  • pushed : 2
  • released : 1
  • switch : off

State Variables

• lastLevel : 0
  • blinkval : 0
  • bin : -1
  • statusled4 : 2
  • statusled3 : 0
  • statusled2 : 0
  • statusled1 : 7
  • statusled7 : 7
  • statusled6 : 0
  • statusled5 : 0
  • manufacturer : HomeSeer Technologies
  • 1 : 0
  • 2 : 0
  • flashing : false

All 12 possible buttons (4 different taps plus hold and release x 2)
And you can control all leds.

With 300 I only see 2 taps in my log with the default drivers...anything more than that just gives a cryptic message. I'm trying to see what support I have moving from HS4 to Hubitat. I also only get double tapped as a selection of # of taps in rule machine. I will take a 200 out of HS4 and add it to Habitat to see what happens tomorrow. THANKS!

** 2023-10-04 05:23:26.759 PMdebugparse:zw device: 07, command: 5B03, payload: 14 82 01 , isMulticast: false

dev:32023-10-04 05:22:43.215 PMinfoKitchen button 2 doubleTapped

dev:32023-10-04 05:22:43.206 PMdebugparse:zw device: 07, command: 5B03, payload: 13 83 02 , isMulticast: false

dev:32023-10-04 05:22:41.800 PMinfoKitchen button 1 doubleTapped**

System drivers never support more than doubleTapped events. That's why I said up above you will need the custom driver.

Item 5, yes! There is a good integration between Hubitat and Harmony devices, although I'm able to do almost everything I do with my Harmony Touch/Harmony Hub with a simple Broadlink RM3 Mini integrated to Hubitat.

Item 6, yes. Marantz with Ethernet port are officialy supported.