Has Hubitat fixed Z-wave?

My ZWave mesh on C8 seems to be healthy and stable but:

1. Most of the routing is done via two Aeothech Dimmers:

2. And 0x04 Dimmer is using 0x16 Dimmer as a router

3. There are two Ring V2 Extenders doing nothing but connected via Aeotech Dimmers:

To my eyes this makes absolutely no sense.

I agree completely. Direct to device and not showing the routes, because there are none. This is a good thing.

1 Like

For some reason I still have a few devices that insist on multiple hops. One I understand, it's a Zooz Temp Humidity sensor in a gun safe. It has a lot to overcome. But at the same time, I have a Zooz Zen 17 that is in the garage (on the back side of the closet with the hub, just wallboard between them) about 10 feet from the hub, and it insists on 4 hops all over the house. But overall , I would say 98% of my Z Wave is now directly connected to the hub.

1 Like

Mine is 100% Direct for the moment and all 100Kbps except 2 at 40K. Sometimes when I look 1-2 are showing hops.

1 Like

Wow a sensor in a safe and it works!!! That alone is an achievement.

So Z-wave has improved for you?

Yeah for sure improved, went from working good to awesome.

4 Likes

Yeah it really surprised me. Started as an experiment, but just left it. I also have an Accurite Hygrometer in there and they are always in agreement. The only thing I will say is it’s a little tough on the battery. I only got about 8 months on the first battery.

1 Like

If you want to improve the battery, I suggest putting a repeater just outside the gun safe. That way, the sensor just has to make it to the outside, and the repeater takes it from there.
I use that "trick" with Zigbee in commercial freezers and it seems to work.
Perhaps it will work with your gun safe application to reduce the battery usage.

1 Like

I hadn't looked at my Z-wave details in a few days. On the C7 it was repeating through three devices, an Inovelli bulb in the bedroom, an Aeotec Repeater in the family room then to the hub. This morning it looks like looks like it finally decided to drop a hop. and is repeating just through that Aeotec Repeater at 100kbs.

EDIT: That Office Motion Sensor2 isnt a ghost, it had a dead battery.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.