Has anyone used a Vizio tablet for dashboard?

Has anyone used one of these small Vizio Android tablets for a dash board/ controller? I'm thinking of using them with limited dashboards in our guest rooms. Can they be set up so that the only thing in it is the dash board? Any suggestions are appreciated.

I've never used one, but that's a 5yr old device running android 5.1.1 (according to the amazon listing) . If I was looking for a cheap android tablet for $6 more you could have a brand new Fire 7 tablet without ads. Now Amazon's devices aren't my favorite flavor of Android, but for $60 I just wanted to point out that you can do significantly better.

Or for a non-amazon $50 tablet:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-7-Tablet-16GB-Storage-2GB-RAM-Android-10-Go-2GHz-Quad-Core-Processor-LCD-Display/467069940

If you don't mind downsizing a little, you can find a bunch of Android phones that are part of pay-as-you-go plans that you can get for $20-$40 and just never sign up for a data plan. I did see on a Verizon pay-as-you-go that you have to purchase a data plan before wifi works so keep an eye out for that. I have a couple of cheap phones on the wall as dashboards.

1 Like

That's not a bad idea. That's exactly what I wanted to do, just a small device for a very limited dashboard. I'm not opposed to the fire tablet. I will probably use a fire if I do a larger panel. But was looking for something small for a very limited purpose.

Beware, cheap tablets often have shitty screen. Here is an exemple with the same dashboard shown on a cheap tablet (top) and a real one (bottom):

1 Like

I'm assuming the upper one is the cheap tablet? Yeah that is pretty bad for a primary dashboard.
How did you make that dashboard, and what is that wood grain background? I like that!

The dashboard I made with tips and tricks I found here:

The background came from a google search.