Has AnyOne (rant)

Hi, You are all right and wrong at the same time, Business need to adapt to demand, when there is interest there is demand, when demand drops off you change the narrative, producing drivers is to turn something on when a sensor triggers is good, and oh so very interesting to watch happen, but what when customers want more, Give people choice creates demand, create an app and sell it, if people want it they buy it, even better create an app store where other developers can get involved, why do you think Google have an app store, create interest create demand, not rocket science.

Ah, but here is where you are missing the business model, HE is a home automation hub, i.e. it's primary mission is to serve as an automation platform for devices, specifically zigbee and zwave. Everything else is evaluated based on the promotion of the primary mission.

5 Likes

Yes, but only you and a couple of other people have asked for a specific calendar app to be developed by hubitat. When asked for, those people were directed to other apps that they were satisfied with hence no real demand and no priority that the Dev's can see on their road map. Again, this is why they concentrate on the core and let the community develop esoteric stuff. Oh and they certainly won't develop something native if it's already available from the community.

2 Likes

They have addressed the question of a hubitat app store in other threads several times, it will never happen.

But I would also point out that no one here knows what's on the hubitat road map, if there is one.

3 Likes

I'm betting native fiber optic network card and drag and drop UI with failover capabilities to a new device in case of bad hub...

4 Likes

4 Likes

It's a business, It has business premises and staff it pays, no matter the model, if you cant keep money coming in, you go under, which in turn banks, owners, staff and customers lose out. There's loads of device paper weights out there, would you want Hubitat to end up like that, all I'm saying is create interest which helps everyone, how many times have you brought something to find out it's not as good as you thought, and had to send it back and buy again, and did you think of all the people that rely on selling that product,

Think this has run the full circle and it may be time to move on...

8 Likes

Hubitat Inc. seems to have a business model that is working well for them.

If you think your model is better, you should share it directly with Hubitat principals via a PM or other means. The user community is an inappropriate venue for that discussion.

@bobbyD - time to close this thread. It has outlived any useful purpose.

5 Likes

As long as it does what it said it will do, I'm happy. No where did it say google calendar (a cloud based item) would be included. In fact there push has always been local. (They also never said an internal calendar was included)... Yet there is still lots of interest in this unit. Especially when another home automation system has failed.

You’re straying from a feature request (“I want a native google calendar integration”), which is reasonable as a hub user, to lecturing a company about how they should run their business (“I know what your business needs to succeed better than you do”), which is unreasonable as a user.

6 Likes

I think you should use this bone saw instead of that fine scalpel as that is how I would do it even though I'm not a surgeon...

...and I want to win the lottery

2 Likes

Odds are better :rofl:

1 Like