Harmony Hub

Hey guys, I just want to confirm the latest release of Harmony Hub is the following link below? Or is there multiple drivers out there?

That's the only one I know of... :wink:

Let me know if you have any questions.

3 Likes

I basically just use the Activities of my Harmony Hub. "Turn on TV" turns on the tv (of course), my DirecTV DVR, and turns the TV to the correct HDMI channel. "Turn on Roku" allows me to watch videos from the hard drive connected to the USB port. "Turn on Security" turns to the HDMI channel that my NVR is connected to. (Sadly, since I've gotten my new TCL smart tv, I am no longer able to pause my DVR, since the Hub thinks the tv is controlling the video - such as with Netflix and Prime)

How much of this is replicated by your integration? I really want to switch this over to Hubitat, but I know my wife will have a cow if I do this and it no longer works as she has grown accustomed to it. Is this still cloud-based with Logitech, or does it all run locally?

Yes, my integration for Harmony Hub exposes all Harmony Activities as switch devices. These can be used to control the current Activity, change the current Activity, or monitor the current Activity.

100% local.

1 Like

That's very interesting. Does it build on the current activities that we have, or would I have to rebuild them from scratch?

What device database does your app draw from to control the devices?

(Sorry for all the questions. I want to be absolutely sure I know what I'm getting into before I start messing with my hub.)

[EDIT] Looking at the install directions, we have to have an an Arduino set up as well? Can I use a Raspberry pi? Is there a separate setup for that as well? I ran across this link: [Release] HubDuino v1.1.7 - Hubitat to Arduino / ESP8266 / ESP32 / ThingShield Integration (ST_Anything)

Here’s the correct thread

No separate microcontroller required at all. Just install the two drivers, as described in the ReadMe, then create a virtual device using the Harmony Hub Parent device. Configure the settings of the Parent device, click save, and it will handle the rest for you. All of your Harmony Hub Activities will be created on Hubitat as child switch devices.

This integration use a webSockets integration directly to the Harmony hub. Thus, it is important that your Harmony hub’s IP address does not change. Reserve an IP address for it using your router’s DHCP server.

1 Like

Dear Lord, that was simple! Absolutely amazing! Thank you very much, sir! :smiley:

2 Likes

How do you find the harmony hub's IP address? I've looked everywhere through the app and can't find it for the life of me.

About -> Versions

3 Likes

You can also usually look in your WiFi Router's list of clients. You're going to want to make sure to reserve an IP address in your router's DHCP server to make sure the address of the Harmony Hub does not change as well.

4 Likes

Will do. Thanks guys.