Hapton Bay Fan control with Alexa?

Hi all. I have the Hampton Bay fan controller working on my HE system. I have the device working with the Alexa Echo app which lets me turn the units light on and off. Alexa recognizes the unit as a light. I can't figure out a way, though, to control the fan (set_level for the device driver I am guessing) by voice command. Has anyone done this? Thanks.

So, setLevel is exposed as a command by the driver, but that was apparently an accident. See: Hampton Bay Fan Controller - setLevel broken, where you can also see some debate on whether they should continue with its removal as planned or re-implement it (it was there before hub firmware 2.1.6). I'm firmly in the latter camp for the same reasons as you (easy Alexa support), but apparently there are things to consider with either choice.

1 Like

Thanks, the discussion you referenced is very helpful. I'll keep an eye on that thread and see how it develops.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.