Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving giving to all. This year I am thankful for a great automation system and the dedication of the staffs to the community. Thank you guys.

12 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving! One of the best days...get to eat a GREAT meal with friends and family and then I finally get to turn on the decoration/lights in the front yard! Been putting up the display for two weeks now. I'm ready! :grin:

4 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving Bryan! The appropriate day for Christmas lights is tomorrow :wink:
When I was a kid growing up in Arcadia, CA the lights decorating the street over and along side Baldwin Avenue would be up, but OFF until the day after Thanksgiving. The local Hinshaw's department store would put up their decorations in the store and the famed window where Santa sat for us kids to ask for that one special gift. The turning on of the lights marked the passage from one Holiday to the next.

We always honored that tradition with our lights at home and I do the same today.

1 Like

Happy thanksgiving to you all too!

HA! Never too early for lights, lol. Our family tradition has always been to decorate after Thanksgiving dinner while watching the football game. So today we eat and be merry, decorate the (artificial) tree and put up the decoration around the inside of the house. Outside I have just a few lights... takes a week or so to set up and wire the whole thing. :wink: By rule, if you can count how many lights you have then you simply don't have enough lights!

But seriously, I am very grateful to my family and friends for their support, without them a lot of things (like my light show) would not be possible. This year I have become disabled with a chronic heart condition and my physical activity is very limited. It was amazing to see family and friends come together to make the holiday show happen. We had to scale it back just a bit, but it still will be an amazing thing to watch! But this year, it means so much more.

Bring on the lights!

2 Likes

Well you truly do have a lot to thankful for, as do many, but fail to recognize it until it's too late. Glad you have the opportunity to share this with friends and family. Wish you better health and a steady recovery.

This I need to see. Please post a link.
All the best,
Doug