Hampton Bay Zigbee Controller - Intermittent Connectivity - Resolved

With everything (all the wires) jammed up in the cowling, inadvertently, my substitute antenna lead wire was either too close or touched the ground wire... So when I applied power back to the unit, instantly it blew the board on the controller... So after ordering a replacement and then replacing all the antenna on the other controllers I have, I was very careful to make sure the wires were separated when stuffing it all back in and buttoning up the cowling... Initially I had a good experience with swapping out the antenna, in terms of connectivity and drop outs, but I still have one unit that drops off every so often and I have to power cycle to get it to come back... Because I have four fans in very close proximity and they are all the same, I'm beginning to believe there are issues with some of the boards... Out of the four fans, like I said, one has issues and the others don't... So I might end up replacing the controller on that one to see if it fixes things...

1 Like

Thanks. To be clear I need to ensure the two exposed parts of the antenna, the U.FL connector and where the wire is soldered on the antenna, never touch ground, either grounding wire or grounded box/bracket/canopy, correct? I guess electrical tape on these parts could prevent that?