Had odd behavior in a rule

I had set a simple automation rule that if it was 6:00AM to set Mode to DAY. That worked fine but I decided this morning that 6:15AM would be better after it had triggered. So I updated the rule to say 6:15AM and then, via the dashboard, put the mode back to NIGHT. If I went back into the RM to look at the rule it shows:

I went back to the dashboard and it still showed Night and other rules were running based on the mode being night. I'm not sure why RM still showed DAY for that rule.

RM isn't saying the mode is Day (I see "Mode: Day," but that's your action to set the mode, as I assume you know), just that it's not either Evening or Night (per the "FALSE" evaluation from that condition; perhaps you made this conclusion if you only have these three modes? though in that case you probably wouldn't need a conditional at all). The TRUE/FALSE evaluations don't dynamically update--they're read on page load only. Is it possible you were viewing an old or cached version of the page? Reloading the page in your browser might help, though just going back into the rule from the admin UI should do the same (and it sounds like you might have done that).

Also, while it sounds like your mode was indeed Night, if you want an authoritative source that isn't Dashboard, the "System Messages" (notification/chat-looking bubble) icon in the upper right of any page or the Settings > Locations and Mode > Modes page will show your current mode (I'd probably trust the latter the most). It sounds like this was unlikely to be your problem, but it's still a way you can view or change your modes for sure if you're ever doubting anything.

My guess is on the first thing, but another guess is that this page/tab has been long since closed in your browser, it will probably be fine it you look now, and none of us will ever know for sure. :slight_smile: If it happens again, maybe one of the above will help verify if RM is really off here?

I was thinking that is would be showing the current setting. No biggie it works it just looked different than what I expected. I did refresh the browser but no difference.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.