Guide: Setting up multiple Homebridge instances on a Pi

Hi, all!

I recently had the need to set up multiple instances of Homebridge on my Raspberry Pi, and I couldn't find a guide that uses systemd (my preferred method). I found oznu's instructions for setting up a single instance, but that was as close as I could get. Using his guide as a starting point, I made my own:

I hope this is useful to someone. I know many of you have already figured this out on your own; but for those of you searching for a guide, here it is.

Andrew

8 Likes

Great guide. Thanks for putting this together. I have several instances setup already but your procedure is much better than how I did it so I will definitely be referencing it next time I have/want to rebuild my homebridge setup.

Looks great. Although I have multiple Hubs, all of Homebridge is running on a single instance (of Homebridge and Hub.)

I just created a 2nd instance for my Honeywell Thermostat TCC. I don't need it, but it makes a simple test. :slight_smile:

This is an awesome guide. I created 3 new instances replacing a single instance that was limiting the number of accessories I could add. The browser UI is definitely a plus over my original setup.

Thanks for sharing!