Grrr, my C7 just lost routes for 14 of my zwave devices

I don't know what went wrong today but I noticed my automations didn't work for some devices. My zwave settings now showing probably about half my zwave devices with no route. I have done a graceful reboot but no luck there. Next thing would be powering down when I get home from work. It's been months of good run then bam! manually turning on light switches and locking doors boooo......

A power down and unplug for 10+ seconds normally will fix that right up.

2 Likes

Powering down did fix it for me. So glad that was the only thing needed to get back to working status. Probably have to schedule a power down maintenance every other month or so to eliminate surprises.

Replying to document another zwave event. Hmm, 4 months since the first time. Hopefully not a sign of future issues :slight_smile:

These events haven't seemed to indicate any othe problems, or result in additional problems.

The do seem to sometimes happen after a firmware update on the hub. Shut down/pull power/Reboot has cleared things up consistently.

Have you verified that your z-wave radio firmware is up to date?
(If there is a "Firmware Update" button on the z-wave details page, there is an update available.)

Docs:
https://docs2.hubitat.com/user-interface/settings/zwave-details

2 Likes

Interesting, I do have the firmware update available. I will give that a try over the weekend.

1 Like

The Z-Wave FW update can be a bit "cranky" to apply...it may take more than one try. One of my hubs did the udpate easily, the other was more challenging.

If you try a couple times and it isn't cpmpleting the update, then you should try it after a shut-down/wait/restart of the hub, then go to the Z-Wave detials page and let it sit for a few minutes (lots of chatter at hub start-up) and then try the Z-Wave FW update.

Got the firmware updated today. My back door lock didn't recover its zwave route when I did the shut down and power off -- just found that out today, I thought the battery was dead. It's been a while since I paired the Ubolt lock, another thing to mess with for the weekend.

Feels a bit unfair to label that as a Hubitat issue... Unless I'm misinterpreting your lapse in changing the battery....

Do a shut-down of the hub (Settings>Shut Down, pull power, wait a minute, power up) and see if that helps w/the missing routes.

After the shut down/restart, if routing is still missing, you can also (if you have a C7 or C8) try a Repair on the lock from the Z-Wave Details page. Use the individual Repair button on the Z-Wave Details page for that device.

This was a strange one. The lock was the only one that wasn't able to recover. Even the U-tec app says its z-wave not paired anymore. All squared away, paired it again this morning until next time. It goes on cruise control for months on end and then bam!

Woke up to another empty zwave table this morning. I'll probably have support check my hub for gremlins.

1 Like

Hi @bobbyD, could you check if my ticket got logged last Sunday or Sat... I lost track already. I just had to power down my hub again just now after losing my zwave routes. The days between power downs is getting shorter.

Time to read up on migration instructions.