Gradually change color of smart bulbs throughout the day

I have set my smart bulbs up to change color throughout the day and it seemed to work. The problem is that when I want to turn the smart bulbs off using the smart switch the light will come back on at the 10 minute interval that i am using to change the color temp. I get why it is happening. I just cant figured out a way to get the light to change color only when the switch is on.

Couple things. One is you can streamline this a bit by moving the Party is Off and Ava's Light Switch is On to the Required Expression section of the rule. Then you just need to test for the Mode at each point.

What is your trigger for this rule? Can you show the entire thing? Is it just the mode changing?

That's what I built this app for -- it will propagate the color to the bulb if it's on, but not turn the bulb on if it's not.

I couple that with a RM rule that gradually changes the color of a virtual bulb based on time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.