[Deprecated]Govee Integration for Govee Light, Switches, Plug, and now Appliances

This doesn't appear to be possible in a standard way. The Wiz bulbs use a non standard command to submit scenes, and it appears that is what is used by RL to detect that the device support scenes. I don't even see how "Groups and Scenes" would support Scene Effects at all.

Hey Mavrrick. I have a another property that I'd like to add Govee products to. If I add them to my current Govee account that is linked through the API, would I technically be able to create automations/rules to trigger them from my hub at home? Obviously not locally, but your APP/Drivers are still connecting them via API.

You will be able to control them. It will just use the New Cloud API for it. Only catch i will say is be aware the scene/diy/snapshot numbers are different.

The problem you may find is setting up triggers for automations. Not sure how you would get trigger devices to talk to the hub unless they are Govee enabled devices to.

1 Like

Sounds good! My goal was to achieve two things with my lighting:

1. Random Nighttime Lighting: I wanted the lights throughout the house to turn on and off randomly during the night to create a more lived-in feel, while it's empty.

2. Staircase Light: I also wanted a separate routine for the staircase light strip to turn on automatically at sunset and stay on until sunrise, as I don't have motion sensors setup in that house to trigger them.

1 Like

excuse my ignorance, but where would I find my device's IP address? I can go into my router settings and it shows a list of devices, but I'm guessing it's one of the "unknown" listed devices.

Thanks

I just installed this app and must have something wrong. Using the lightstrip M1 and my log file show...

Did you install V1 or V2?

Some devices seem to occasionally respond with UDP messages for their LAN API calls. They don't really show anything. The error message is just because of how the code handles it.

If you are running v1 please upgrade to V2

I am running V2. Used HPM to install, Selected all the drivers except the appliance type ones. The driver the device is using is the Govee V2 color Lights Dreamview Sync. I've enabled LAN control on the device and in the Govee app. This just made me think. I turned off LAN control on the device in hubitat and it now will turn on/off from the device options. I can work with that but it appears there might be a problem with local control.

I Don't think I have the IP address entered and I don't see where I would add that.

Thanks I found it and everything seems to work. Thanks for a great app.

By the way I tried to use your link that would give you a credit and it didn't work. The code was not accepted.

When you enable LAN Control on the driver and click save additional preference options appear to finish setting up LAN API control. One of those is the IP Address.

When you turn on that flag the flow for each command is modified so until the device is fully configured it is kind of in a limbo state and uncontrollable. Though as you found once the API is entered it start working. Keep in mind enable Local control is only for commands that support it. Some commands may still lean on the cloud if needed.

I will check my govee link and see if it is still active. I think they expire after a period of time. I am also have a donation link in the about section of the App.