Google SDM Api - App and Drivers for Hubitat Elevation not reporting motion events

I am using the Google SDM Api - App and Drivers for Hubitat Elevation integration (GitHub - dkilgore90/google-sdm-api) to integrate with my Nest cameras. I just got a Nest Doorbell 2nd gen which I am trying to integrate for motion events at my front door, however, I'm not seeing any events come through, including motion events. Does anyone have any ideas for things I can try to fix this?

Looking at the logs I'm seeing:

createEventSubscription returned status code 404 -- { "error": { "code": 404, "message": "Resource not found (resource=enterprise-[GuidIntentionallyOmited]).", "status": "NOT_FOUND" }}

Note I intentionally left out the GUID in the above log in case it gives away any secure information.

It sounds as if the pub/sub topic is not enabled on your Device Access project (step 12 in the Google setup from the README, perhaps the wording haschanged since I first wrote the steps).

Go to the Device Access Console to enable this. The App should automatically retry the event subscription every hour until successful, or if you want to expedite, you can click through to the Debug Buttons to Subscribe to Events

As an aside, often for questions/issues for a specific community integration, commenting on the main thread is best, so that the dev is notified of the new message - I happened to see this post tonight, but you may not always be so lucky.

2 Likes

This helped remove the error in the logs, but I'm still not seeing any events come through. Any ideas?

Also for my reference and the reference of anyone else reading this, could you link the main thread you are referring to?

Edit: It seemed to fix itself overnight. Even though I clicked "subscribe to events" there must have been something else it had to wait for

Main thread for reference: [RELEASE] Google SDM API - Nest integration

1 Like