Google Home - Thermostat Integration not working

Dear Hubitat community

I have recently purchased Hubitat hub + thermostats:

• Danfoss Living Connect Radiator Thermostat LC-13 (using ported version of tommysqueak SmartThings driver which I found in this forum)
  • TKB TZE93.716 using Generic Z-Wave Thermostat driver

Whilst both thermostats work quite OK with Hubitat and Sharptools dashboard I can't send them to google home.
I get a "The following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Bathroom_thermostat, GuestRoom-Thermostat, Kitchen_thermostat, Livingroom_thermostat]" basically removing all my thermostats.

Does anyone have the same problem?
What can I do to make all my thermostats visible in Google Home?

In the driver code, you need to be sure the following capabilities are listed:
thermostat, heatingsetpoint, coolingSetpoint and thermostatSetpoint

Thank you @putch however I have no visibility or control over Generic Z-wave driver for thermostat as it comes from Hubitat unless theres something I dont understand being fairly new to hubitat environment.

My hope was that it would be working out of the box unfortunately it is not the case :frowning:

I just tried and see that Virtual Thermostat device ja successfully transferred to Google Home. Anyone can point me to any guide on how to synchronise virtual device with a physical one?

@bobbyD do you want a ticket? the generic Z-wave driver is dose not respond to Google home commands, i think it just needs the capability "Thermostat", or whatever is missing from the capability's of the virtual

i cant get my driver to work, google keeps saying its not supported, it worked fine in ST

@mark.cockcroft did you manage to get it to work?

Edit yea just tested, not seen anything on release notes but its working now

Shame, thanks for getting back so quickly though. I used Virtual Devices and Rule Machine to sync Virtual with Physical which seemed to work somehow but not without problems (looses sync often and I get different read on Google, virtual and physical). Still strange that Virtual device driver works OK with Google Home but Generic Z Wave one doesn't...

Soz just tested and now working

Which driver are you using Generic Z Wave? Doesn't work for me still. I am using latest Hubitat version.

1 Like

Yea generic

Ok, thanks. Doesn't work for me. Perhaps it's somehow connected to the actual physical devices which don't respond to Google commands as expected or something :disappointed:
I get the "... Not supported by Google Home.. " error message.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.