Google home support

The insignia speakers are on sale again

1 Like

Sweet thanks.
Just got one for 10 bucks after my $15 BB Rewards.
Was always interested in trying a Google Assistant device but couldn't justify the cost (I'm heavily invested in Alexa). But for $10 out of pocket? Had to pick one up.

2 Likes

MM indeed they are. After consulting the CFO(wife) I have been informed I have exceeded my iot budget for this month :frowning:

3 Likes

As a bargaining chip...there are open box ones (Excellent condition) for $18.

2 Likes

I would double check the site...I grabbed an open box/excellent for only $14.99. At that price, I HAD to buy it.

1 Like

Not sure if this was announced or mentioned elsewhere, but I noticed Google Home integration is now available! I was able to link my Hubitat account in Google Home and things seem to be working as expected.

5 Likes

Yup! Awesome! So happy :smiley: I've just added over 50 devices to Google Home via the "Hubitat-intent" service and it's all working! It's auto-added the "Google Home" app in the hub and I can control which devices are available via that.

Although:
I am seeing an error in the HE logs from the Google Home app each time I turn a light on or off:

app:552    2018-11-01 08:47:01.339:error reportStateResponse Error: {
  "error": {
    "code": 400,
    "message": "Request contains an invalid argument.",
    "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT"
  }
}

EDIT: It's not all the lights, just some of them. I think it may be an issue with the drivers I'm using for the Qubino Flush 1 Relay and Qubino Flush 1 Dimmer. It's not happening with other switches.

@bravenel @mike.maxwell Is there a way to get more log info describing the request that's being sent so I can try and fix my drivers? Or is this an error you guys have seen before and could advise on? Thanks

Confirmed. THANK YOU. (And thank you Hubitat Team!)

Yep, just added about 60 devices! Nice. Now for some testing.

Wow. How did I miss this announcement. Must look into this.

1 Like

To never again here the words "I'm Sorry, I can't contact ST right now."

Just got this strange feeling that if we set this up right now, we will have to do it all over again later today or tomorrow. Something about the name being 'hubitat-intent' and not just 'Hubitat' like the rest of the services on Google Home.

2 Likes

Getting this when I try to link accounts for Google Home. Anyone else?

1 Like

Was just about to post this. I got the same error.
I'm still on 1.1.6. Going to reboot my hub now and try again.

Nogo on reboot. Didn't want to update f/w yet but I guess I might have to.

Updated firmware and was able to link Google successfully!

1 Like

Yep...updating worked for me as well.

Probably best to set up a few devices so we can test and wait for the official announcement before jumping all in. I'm not sure @mike.maxwell even realizes his parakeet had flown the coup :wink:

4 Likes

Also found an app had configured itself in HE. Some settings required my input.

I'm going to work and will wait for the first hotfix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am also seeing:
The parameter "state" must be set in the query string.
When I enter my Hubitat credentials.
I have not installed the latest release yet.