Google home support

We had this last weekend in the UK.
Everything went smoothly for me.
Fingers crossed for you guys across the pond.

It seems to be going offline then online again constantly.

Hi Mike.
I have some devices that are stateless. LightwaveRF gen 1 devices.
Therefore these are always going to give an error message as they cannot be poked/pinged/polled/refreshed etc.
Will this cause issues?
EDIT.
They do turn on/off to Google commands BTW.

Unless you actually need this, and the integration sure doesn't, I would not enable it.
All this gets you is a kinder announcement in Google, Device XYZ doesn't appear to be responding (or something to that effect), vs a general non device specific message.

If you do want to use this, then you should not be polling these same devices via any other means.

Thanks.. didn't know what it was. Disabled now :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

@mike.maxwell
I see that the Hubitat-intent automagically changed to just Hubitat now that its officially released. Should we unlink and relink our connections or are we good to go?

nope, you're good to go, per Google, no re-linking required

6 Likes

Cant believe its here!! So excited... but, Im getting this message,

The parameter "state" must be set in the query string

After clicking on hubitat in the google home app. Any ideas on why?

Thanks.

You need to be on firmware 1.1.7.

Reboot :man_shrugging:

Make sure your username and password are entered exactly as you used for registering your hub. The username / email is case sensitive.

Hey @mike.maxwell, CONGRATS!!
download

7 Likes

Is there going to be something simlar to Alexa with apps so I can control my smart lighting apps instead of just the device directly?

I use the quick way, google sign in. So no need to type that info in.

If I forget to enable a device, how do you add or remove just one in Google Assistant like you can with Alexa? Seems the only way is to disable and re-enable the integration, which causes me to lose the nick names and room assignments, and I have to start all over.

What am I missing here? Is there a simpler way?

How about the google home app that is installed in your Apps list?

4 Likes

:flushed: I added it earlier, and didn't even look in HE. Then couldn't figure that one out, uninstalled since it wasn't ready earlier today, and didn't relink before asking the question.

Ignore me as I back out of the room.:neutral_face:

3 Likes

Could it be this isn't working in the UK?
Cant believe im this close and stuck. Talk about frustrating !!