Google Home. Set Volume doesn't appear to be working

I have amended this post.
See later in thread for the issue.
Got it wrong to start with.

VolumeUp does not take a parameter. It simply adjusts the volume up. Hence, the error. There is setVolume command, and that takes a parameter. That command is built-in to Rule 4.0 in the Sounds actions, along with Mute and Unmute.

DOH!!!!!!!
I've been looking all over the place for that. How did I miss it.
Sorry to waste your time.

@bravenel
EDIT: I revisted this today after playing a week ago and it just come back to me why I tried this.
Set Volume doesn't work.
If I speak to the device to set the level it changes and this is reflected in the events for the GH.
This rule doesn't do anything.

I will change the thread title accordingly.

That's a Chromecast issue, evidently, as you can't set the volume from the device page either.
@mike.maxwell

Thanks for the reply Bruce.
I've been going quietly insane trying to figure out what's going on and trying all sorts of work rounds.
I'll wait to see what Mike comes back with.

I don't think you have gone quietly at all. You have kept the rest of us in the asylum awake. :wink:

For GH mini, it will only adjust volume while it is playing something. So start a track, or tts, then set volume.

1 Like

This is working for me with zero problem,
Initialize GM
Delay 1 s
Refresh GM
Delay 1 s
Speak on GM “x”
Delay 2 s
Set volume (number) on GM

Hi @mike.maxwell any thoughts on this?

Yes, Mike reported that for a GH mini you can only set the volume while it is playing. See two posts above...

It's not a GH mini.
It's a normal GH. The one that looks like an airwick freshener. :smile:

Well, try it while its playing and see what happens.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.