Google Home Mini Queues lots of TTS and doesn't play

Has anyone seen their Google Home Mini's or I guess any Google Home device get "stuck" where it essentially just keeps queuing all the TTS mp3's to be played? The only way to clear it seems to be entering a manual text to speech phrase in the Speak box in the device config, or hitting refresh in the device config. Of course when you trigger that, all of the mp3's start going off one by one. so like 5 minutes of past tts commands... Its happened a couple times now :frowning:

Where are you located?

In the US

Yes I've had the same thing for months. Luckily it only happens about every 3 weeks or so, so I've just dealt with it, but a resolution would be nice.
I clear it the same way with a manual msg from the device menu. Then it will play all queued messages back to back until clear.

Feel like hubitat could easily check if a TTS message had not been played yet, then try to process it again or just clear it somehow so it doesn't backup like my picture :wink:

If this happens regularly, take screenshots of the message that begins the backlog. Is it the same one every time? Is it the same rule? etc, etc. See if you can come up with some commonality so it can be worked out.

Check out this TTS Queue.
@djgutheinz , driver that I've been using successfully to stop the queuing from happening with my Google Home Mini

3 Likes

Yes, I also get this time by time. I've been using the "Chromecast Helper" app to ping the device every 4 minutes which seems to have improved the connectivity.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.