Google Home mini- bathroom speaker

Does somebody help to me to create rule to set up Google home mini like bathroom speaker.
I can use motion detection sensor like trigger.
I don't know link Google home mini with this trigger :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance guys!

I don't understand this question. What do you want the speaker to do when motion is detected?

1 Like

Yeah, sorry.... Play radio station from TuneIn radio when detected motion, after 5min without motion detection stop playing!

You cannot stream content from the Google Assistant from anywhere but within the Google Assistant. So, requesting the station from Tune In must be done on the device itself or another genuine assistant device inside you home setup. However, you can stop the speaker via many of the integrations available. Either the native Chromecast integration, Cast-Web-API or some others.

It is possible with Amazon Echo dot?!
Because, I can ask Alexa to play some radio station, does do that to me motion detection trigger?!

I do not know of a way to do this with Alexa...but I am a Google person.

1 Like

I haven't tested this, but in theory, you should be able to accomplish this with 2 Alexa routines.

First, your motion sensor triggers music to play on the echo of your choice.

Second, your sensor detects no motion for five minutes and stops the audio on that same device.

1 Like

Thanks bro, I will try!

Me also, however I got one Echo with clock! I was buy one to compare Assistants and it is useless for me also :sunglasses:

You can probably do this through IFTTT and a virtual switch.

In Hubitat you would have motion turn on a virtual switch then turn it off when no motion for 5 minutes.

In IFTTT you would have it setup that if that virtual switch is on, then play tune in station on bathroom google mini and another where if that virtual switch is off then tell google mini to stop.

1 Like

I will try, thanks a lot!

Yeah... it might start playing music by the time you're leaving :wink:

How do you control the Google Home speaker in IFTTT? Google Assistant can only be an IF part of an IFTTT applet. you cannot take an action on Google Assistant from IFTTT.

1 Like

Oh shoot, just double checked, you're right. I was mixing IFTTT and Google assistant routines.

Likely something a google assistant relay would solve?

No, I have addressed that question many, many times. You cannot control that kind of content from assistant relay because you are limited to those commands that are supported by the Assistant SDK. This is not one of them.

I'm finished with Amazon Echo Dot very easy, work perfect!
Also, I'm using Aqara Motion Sensor like trigger.
Thanks guys, all the best!

1 Like