Google Home Integration

I recently replaced one of my old bulbs that had shorted out with a Sengled smart bulb. I removed the old bulb and added the new one named it the same thing. When I went to add it to google home I unlinked hubitat and went through the set up process again and everything was added but this one bulb. I tried unlinking and linking again thinking I just missed the check box but it still didn't add.

Not sure where to start with this one. Anyone have any insight on this?

Hi,
Make sure you added the new bulb to the Google Integration in HE. Then just resync your devices with Google, no need to remove the HE from Google and redo all that!

To resync HE with Google, simple say "Hey Google, sync devices"

1 Like

Give it 24 hours, a few time these things have taken time, I've tied myself up a few times messing with setting in GH just leave it overnight n check in the morning

Thanks for the advice on syncing devices. Didn't even know I could do that. I installed the bulb about a three weeks ago. Even though it was added in Hubitat I never updated google home so it's been on the hubitat for a while. Whenever I add the bulb to the google home app on hubitat and ask google to resync devices, the bulb gets removed from the app on hubitat and does not show up in the google home app.

That means Google thinks the bulb isn't compatible. How do you have it setup in HE?

Also might want to take a look at the 3rd party app, "Community-maintained Google Home integration". It works with a lot more devices than the built in app. I use the community one and it's awesome.

1 Like

I'll try that one then I guess. I bought two of the Sengled bulbs at the same time. One of them is being added but the other is not. Same multi color model and set up the same in Hubitat as a Sengled Element Color Plus.