Google Home Integration with Xiaomi Temp Sensors

This is sort of a unique situation which I doubt anyone would've encountered but I'll ask anyway.

I have a bunch of Xiaomi Temp/Humidity sensors and had no problem pairing them with either SmartThings or Hubitat C7 (I was recently migrated from ST). The issue I'm having has to do with the Google Home Integration with Hubitat. When the sensors were with ST, Google had no problem recognizing them and I was able to ask Google what the temperature is say, in the garage. However with the sensors paired with C7, I have trouble adding them to the Google Home Hubitat app. I would select them via the checkboxes in the app, hit "Update" and "Done". It saves ok, but when I ask Google to "Sync Devices", all the sensors that were previously saved would "drop" out of the list - i.e. If I return to the list, they would appear unselected, despite being selected previously. Because of that I was never able to include these sensors in Google Home.

I'm not sure if the issue is specific to these Xiaomi sensors. Anyone had similar experience with Xiaomi (or any other temperature sensors) and Google Home?

The built in integration supports only a limited number of device types. This integration allows many more device types including sensors

Thanks so much @gassgs ! This just works perfectly!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.