Google Home Hub

You know what, I just did it, I put my ST hub online just to use google with HE!

1 Like

No need for the hub to even be plugged in once the 'other hub' app is setup. It's all cloud to cloud. My ST hub has been offline for over a month and Google Assistant works great without it.

I deleted my hub from the IDE so I had to add it, but yes, I will disconnect it without deleting this time

1 Like

I am going to try to have patience and not bust out the ST hub. I know they've submitted the HE integration, I just hope it will include scenes. Google will hopefully approve soon, the list of approved devices is huge and contains some seriously sketch items so I'd think HE wouldn't have any issues other than just the time it takes.

Not understanding that....how does Google communicate with a zwave light connected with otherhub to ST if there is no ST hub?

'Other Hub Event Pusher' app creates virtual devices within ST. If you turn on a device in HE, it turns on the corresponding virtual device in ST and vise versa. So in ST, setup Google Assistant. Then simply tell Google..."Hey Google, turn on the Living Room Lights". Google will turn on the virtual device in ST and the 'Other Hub' app turns on the switch in HE. BAM, the lights actually turn on!

Since it's all done in the cloud, no need to have ST turned on once it's all set up. Very easy to set up and works great.

1 Like

Oooohhh, so I didn't realize that "other hub" actually communicates bidirectionally with the device in the cloud and not through the ST hub directly. Sweet.

2 Likes

And now we have a native HE <> Google integration! How does everyone like the way you access devices by room on your hub?