Google Home - Errors Adding Additional Devices

I'm trying to add additional devices to my Google Home. Specifically some scene switches from the built in app. But they do not show up in Google.

The logs have this when I try and add a new switch

app:4842018-11-19 10:49:20.893 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object (updated)

app:4842018-11-19 10:49:20.498 pm infoupdated...

I get the same error when removing devices. They still show up in Google Home, but I get an error when I try and turn the light on or off. I can then go and re-add the device, get the same error, and the device works.

I had the Hubitat hooked up two google accounts (mine and my wife's). I unhooked both, re-set it up just on my account. But I still cannot add devices.

I'm on iOS using the latest Google Home app and my hub is on 2.0.0.104. Any ideas?

I was having the same errors. I don't have my Google Home yet so I don't know how much it affected the integration.

I modified the configuration App slightly and saved it and the errors went away.
You might not have to modify it, just try to open it and hit "Done".

Might have been something with the 2.0 upgrade that just happened?

Thanks, but that is when the error happens. When I click "Done". This happens even when I don't change anything.

I'm not sure if this was a problem before 2.0 or not.

1 Like

Take this or leave it, if it we're me I would probably remove all of the device from Google Home and delete the app... But I don't have a lot invested yet. If that's a lot of work then I'd wait for an official response. Maybe contact support if you haven't. Maybe a quick note from @bobbyD might help...

I've tried adding a few virtual switches and all is fine with mine. You've selected at least one mode at the top? I have all selected on mine. How about the option setting? Is it at default?

If none of the settings make a difference, I agree with @keithcroshaw . Uninstall and reinstall the app.

I wonder if like Apple Home if you don't make some sort of backup if the room assignment is lost when the same devices are added back.

Yeah, I have remove and re-added the app. No luck. And you have to reassign all the rooms when you do that. The UI for it kind of sucks, so that's not a lot of fun.

1 Like

For sure reach out to support@hubitat.com

2 Likes

Thanks, I sent them an email.

Post any results here, I'm seeing some errors as well but don't use it enough to know if it's broken or if they're nuisance errors.

I was able to get this to work finally, thanks to a comment on this thread.

You need to say, out loud, "Hey Google, Update Devices". There doesn't seem to be anyway to do this in the Home App you just have magically know to say that phrase. The UX on the home is really terrible.