Google Home Contact Sensors (Smartthings Multipurpose Sensor)

Hi,

I can't seem to find the contact sensors in Google Home when connected through my Hubitat. Looking at Google Home via Smartthings it does support it so it seems like Google Home supports contact sensors.

How do I get them to show up for Hubitat. I tried Echo and it seems to work without an issue.

I have never seen door/window/contact sensors show up in Google. I thought they were not supported. I hope I was wrong.

They are supported but I don't think HE exposes the to google home yet.

You could expose them as virtual switches? Have multiple Google devices, but I also have Alexa devices so contact sensors are automated to Alexa TTS instead.

How would they be used in Google Home? The only trigger is see for Routines are voice or time.

Mainly to ask the status of the device if its open or closed. Creating rules is pretty tedious if you have a lot of them and seeing as it works in SmartThings it doesn't seem like it is Google causing this to not work.

I’ve done similar for other devices. I just create virtual switches and then handle it that way. When I ask the question, it turns on a virtual switch. That switch triggers rules to run. Depending on the state of devices, Will change what the response is. With Google Home, you can enter what the response directly into the rule. With Alexa, I turn on a another virtual switch depending on the response, which then speaks the appropriate TTS message.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.