Good looking buttons

On my random YouTube watch I came across the fibaro buttons. Man they look sexy. Are there any ZigBee buttons that look that stylish?

I guess we have different ideas of what looks good. :laughing: I haven't seen a Zigbee button that looks like that, and honestly, the Fibaro Button was something I was only considering getting for a brief period of time because not much else that met my needs was on the market at the time when I was looking. The button landscape--and Hubitat's support for them--changed before I bought one.

For a simple button, I like the SmartThings Button. They have a simpler, "classic" button design rather than the awkwardly-tall, shiny design of the Fibaro, but I happen to prefer that. Besides the non-standard Xiaomi/Aqara buttons (also a "classic" design), I'm having a hard time thinking of any Zigbee buttons that are still on the market (Iris had one before) that aren't multi-button devices like the Hue Dimmer or Eria Remote.

They aren't Zigbee, but Lutron makes Picos in a variety of colors/finishes, and coupled with a Lutron Pedestal (yes, that's a thing), I suppose one of those might look sufficiently stylish? But even there, I'm happy with the standard glossy white and can't bring myself to pay quite that much just for something to rest the Pico on, but of coruse, everyone's preferences vary.

We definitely have a difference of opinion about what sexy is. Of course, if I knew what sexy was, I'd have a more exciting life.

Reminds me of ...

easy

1 Like

Same here. Maybe in a very limited use case I could see having it (maybe a panic button?) but I am not sure I would want tons of theses around my house. And they are expensive too.

I like the Pico as a button controller, they are extremetly versatile and cheap. If you buy $15 Pico instead of a $45 Fibaro, you can easily pay for a $120 Lutron Bridge Pro after just 4 buttons.

I don't have any, but the Samsung single button would be a good choice in my opinion if you only need one button on a single device, and had to stick with Zigbee.

3 Likes

shout out to Ren & Stimpy...

4 Likes

Nah for a panic button you want something reliable.

I have one of the Fibaro "The Button" because it's a big red button!!!! I used it for rotating playing funny mp3 clips through the speakers.... it's "the red button" so of course everyone who see's it MUST PRESS IT!!!

1 Like

I quite like these and have been working flawlessly with the driver @markus wrote.

2 Likes

I'm using the Aqara switched and find them a little clicky and cheap. That saying I didn't look at the Fibaro prices before posting and NO WAY

The new Opple/Aqara are much better than the old ones but still have an audible click which loud enough for feedback but not annoying.

The price is pretty good too.

1 Like

I really like the buttons. I have two of the 6-button versions, two of the 4-button versions, and one 2-button version. These work reliably with the drivers by @markus and are responsive.

None of the mesh issues that the old Aqara devices had: these buttons are Zigbee 3.0 devices.

If you don't mind the long wait for delivery, they're available directly from Aqara:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001154276289.html?gps-id=pcStoreLeaderboard&scm=1007.22922.122102.0&scm_id=1007.22922.122102.0&scm-url=1007.22922.122102.0&pvid=787e860a-5d13-4c44-a373-b1bffce1eccc&spm=a2g0o.store_home.smartLeaderboard_1186201594.4001154276289

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.