Gocontrol Lightbulb

Have you tried to exclude it using HE?

1 Like

I've had to put the hub in z-wave exclude mode and re-exclude devices. It's like they get confused and don't pair properly the first time. Especially when leaving ST.

I got it paired! There is no generic zwave bulb to choose.

set it to generic zwave dimmer

1 Like

Chose dimmer and no go. It doesn't control it.

1 Like

Have you hit the configure button?

1 Like

yah no go on it

I know it's not an RGBW bulb, but I'm curious, are you able to operate it with the Hank Bulb driver?

1 Like

You could try @mike.maxwell's Super Basic Z-Wave Parameter tool to configure it.

Tried that. No go. I know that ST just used the generic dimmable handler.

I can tell you that when i switch back to the generic dimmer that i can at least see change in the handler on and off, but the light doesn't react.

At least one of those drivers should work with almost any switch so something might have messed up during inclusion and you may need to remove the device and add it again.

This is not the first time I added it. I attempted it back when I got the hub a few months ago with the same results. It's not listed as compatible. Gocontrol has always been difficult for me.

I'll add it back to smartthings and confirm what driver it's using. Might as well start there.

It uses the zwave dimmer generic. paired right up within about a second with smartthings. I'm going to reboot my HE and then pair it again.

2 Likes

It's working! Removing and adding it again seems to have taken care of the issue. Thank you all for the help on this.

3 Likes

I am BIGTIME glad I came across your post here. I just fired up my HE for the 1st time and the first device I am trying to pair and get to work is a LinearLinc Z-Wave bulb. FAIL FAIL FAIL for an hour straight. My cats all think I've been yelling at them and are staring me down wanting to eat my face. Finally...Generic Z-Wave Dimmer does the trick! THANK YOU!!!

That's awesome! Glad you got it working. It's frustrating when things don't work like you think they should.

Generic Z-Wave dimmer worked for me too. I had to exclude the bulb from smart things even AFTER resetting the bulb, but after I got it added to Hubitat, nothing worked...then I saw April's post about Generic Z-Wave dimmer and it works perfectly. Thanks.