goControl Garage

Hi migrating from ST for local controls and due to them eventually going away from webcore.
I successfully paired the goControl and can use it on dashboard;however, when trying to add it to my Google Home using the built-in Google Home integration app, it won't show up and the boxes gets unchecked

If you add something to google home that isn't compatible with Google Home, it will not add and and uncheck the boxes again. The text at the top of the Google app page states:

" If you include a device that isn't compatible with Google Home it will just be ignored and not sent to Google Home."

I have several devices that do that locks, garage door, etc that google will not allow to be added. I am guessing this is by design because of security. Yells through door "ok google open garage door"

With mine I setup HomeBridge with a Raspberry Pi3, since I have Apple devices, and I just tell my watch using Siri to open/close the garage door. This works really well when working in the yard and not wanting to leave the garage door up, but that's another topic.

I also know that I can't tell my ghome to open garage by voice and have used virtual switch before to trigger garage opening by saying a specific phrase. I don't think that is the issue here, I had the controller on the Google home app through Smartthing prior.

I also had rules to autoclose the garage if I had left geofence for more than x minutes and it is open. I also have rules for ghome to notify me when garage is still open after 10pm. all these stuff happens at hub level and doesn't require ghome.

my primary use for it on ghome is to be able to ask it while I am upstairs to check if it is closed before 10pm

Edit: I excluded, power cycle, include, and manual open close garage. its still not allowing me to add it to ghome. I dont mind it showing as open/close contact in ghome. I just want to be able to check in it via voice command

Take a look at the Hubitat documentation. Garage Doors are not yet supported via Hubitat’s Google Home integration.

1 Like

This Community Google Home Integration may be an alternative.

1 Like

Thanks. I was able to add it using the Google Home Community app but I can't get Google Assistant to give me status on the door via voice command such as "is the garage door open?" it says it can't be reached.

It is probably best to ask this question in the thread for the Community Google Home integration. I personally use Amazon Alexa devices throughout my home. Wish I could be more help...

solved

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.