Global Variables - A combination Problem

Hi Bruce (@bravenel)

I have a wee bit of an issue with Global Variables, partly of my own making and partly because of a RM / Hubitat bug.

I AM STILL ON VERSION 2.0.9.133, because I want to know if there is any fix to the issue in this version or if the next version...

A bit of history on my situation:

• I had 2 Global Variables. They were working fine & updating OK via RM
  • I then added a 3rd GV, AND DID NOT SET AN INITIAL VALUE for it.
  • At this point I could no longer add a any new GVs
  • I also could NOT delete the new 3rd GV, or "do stuff" with it in RM
  • I then decided to DELETE ALL GV. An unwise decision

Currently, when I click on Create Global Variables, I get none of the usual options and only this:

I have also deleted my 2 RM rules that referenced the GVs

Clicking on the Gear Icon as per the above screenshot, I can still see my original 2 GVs. Funnily enough I cannot see the 3rd one I incorrectly tried to create.

All of this transpired more than 3 (4?) weeks ago. I was going to reach out earlier, but the huge RM 3.0 + Phone App update came out, and I wanted the dust to settle for you guys first.

Needless to say I have rebooted the hub with no avail.

Any advice on how to fix the issue? I have a feeling (just gut my gut) telling me if was to upgrade it is not going to fix the issue.; may in fact make it worse based on what I read of the RM 3.0 Dire Warnings...

Thanks in advance
J

First suggestion: Make a backup of your DB.

Trying installing the latest build, and see if it resolves the problem. There is some cleanup done of "busted" GVs in the latest.

If that doesn't work, let me know. We will get you sorted out.

Bruce, update completed successfully, but alas, no change...

UI shows:

Gear icon does however show previous GV were removed; varUsers is now empty

As they say, I am at your mercy!

Thanks
J

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.