Global variable value change in dashboard

Hello All,
I have idea to create global decimal variable, that will be changed using dashboard and will control heater.

How to create such variable and how to change it's value using dashboard ?

Please help. Thanks in advance

1 Like

A Virtual Thermostat device controlled by the Average Temperature app can likely do what you want, but the thermostat works in whole degrees.

When 2.2.4 is released this may get replaced or updated with the Thermostat Controller app.

Angus_M thanks, I saw this post but I'm lost in interface. This description is not very clear for me "In the Global Variables setup section of Rule Machine, you will find a new column of information, Connector, and a new button, Create New Connector"

I think I need to spend some time and deduce it

that is not what I'm looking for. We are working here in europe on different stuff to heat up our houses and whole degree difference is to much. Right now I have hardcoded values 22C and 21.8C. What i like to have is just one value on dashboard and I like to turn of heater when it hits the value and power it on when in will be colder than value -0,2C

If you have a global variable created and working in your app. You then just go to the RM area where you can create a global variable and Create a connector. Select the global variable and it becomes a device. You then just add the device to the dashboard.

In the dashboard select the device the connector created and then select the template of variable decimal, sting, etc for what type variable it is. You can then edit the variable in the dashboard

I totally understand, 1C is far too wide of a spread for heating/cooling temperature control. It's why I wrote a personal app using Broadlink IR blasters, temperature readings from devices, the average temp app, and virtual thermostats controlling five mini-split inverters with native Celsius control, but use a 2 degree setting spread in Fahrenheit mode.

Good luck with your project.

Somethong I not working. I have device but i cannot see the value from dashboard.

What I'm doing wrong?

It looks okay and I will say I had an issue with some variables I created. See this thread.

What I ended up doing was creating a second variable just like the first only I added one additional character and then that variable worked. I only had this issue with string variables, maybe it's the same thing.

Try changing the connector type to Variable instead of Temperature
Temperature seems to function with whole numbers.

after clicking on Unknown and setting

then crashing on Save

that helped. Thank You !