Gledopto LED Controllers

I have one of the legit Gledopto, and one of the clone ones, and neither turn on after a power outage.

1 Like

I purchased the gledopto (GL-C-008S 24V and Led flex strip 24V RGB+W+C, model MF350Z090A80) on Aliexpress and I made this test:

I removed physically the power supply while having different settings (ON, OFF, Full bright, blue, yellow, etc).
Whatever the state, I fully recover the state if was before the shut down.
Example:
If the strip was ON, blue, 50% => power OFF (main circuit) => wait few minutes => power ON (main circuit) => strip is ON, blue, 50%

So, for me, all is ok and as expected.

1 Like

Does anyone have the Gledopto Controller Pro (GL-C-008P model - the black box)? Does it work well? Thanks!

I'm crossing my fingers that it will work as it dows with the Generic RGBW driver on the mini controller that comes in this kit: GLEDOPTO 5V USB LED Strip Light TV Background Lighting Kit LED RGBCCT ZigBee Smart APP Amazon Alexa Echo Plus Desktop Background|RGB Controlers| - AliExpress.
HE found it without problems and it works fine to set the color temperature to get the CCT part of the strip to glow at 25-2700 K also. RGB is no problem too.

Ordered some of the GL-C-006P, GL-C-009P and GL-C-008P today, so hope they work... Fingers crossed. Also ordered:
Gledopto Smart Zigbee-RF Bridge and Gledopto DC24V COB LED Flex Strip Light 5m 420LED/m 2700K Warm White so have a lot of fun testing comming up! :slight_smile:
Merry Christmas!

1 Like

I got the black model and it seems to work fine for the first tests I did. I'm still waiting some parts to be able to install behind the tv and do more tests (2 months waiting now :frowning )

1 Like

Great news! Thanks! Gamble paid off. :slight_smile:
I ordered one more of this one to put behind the TV. Demands an Android device or Windows computer, but is works greate without lag and every diode is adressable, so it follows the color all around the picture edge.

Setting mine up now. Using Bazz strip light (RGBW) and it works great!
Anyone know of the options for dashboard tiles, and how to set them up?

I bought the RGB+CCT and really pleased with how well it connected and physically nice to work on and a great price. However I am using the Generic Zigbee RGBW driver with some problems.
I can individually set all the colours including white temperate but when press off, only the rgb turns off, the white stays on? Am I doing something daft?
I’d previously had a fibaro which seemed to have a child device for white but that’s hard to manage like that. Any advice or am I being dumb!!

Not sure if this is relevant or the issue, but there are 2 types of controller from Gledopto; a 1 ID model and a 2 ID model (which has 2 separate channels for RGB and White). Not sure which one you have, but my understanding is that the 2 ID model is still not properly supported by HE (there are many posts on the subject). I've put my 2 ID controller on my Hue hub directly, which does support the device. It effectively provides 2 devices (1 for RGB, one for white) which can be controlled independently and works perfectly.

I have the 1D RGBW controllers (2 of them), and they work very well.
Highly recommended.
Using them with Bazz LED RGBW strips

I tried my luck with the RGB CCT version last night. The amazon ad says its a 1ID and only a single device showed up.

It came into HE using the the Generic Zigbee RGBW driver. My use for this module is to just PWM some 12v white LEDs so i am not concerned about. Using the C only output with a color temp of 2250 seemed to give me the best range.

Three hours later the device is not responding. The sonoff basic ZBR3 devices in the same room are all still responding. Power cycled the GLEDOPTO and its working again. Tried the Generic Zigbee CT driver. A couple hours later it's not responding again. Definitely a shame because they are cheaper than the zooz RGB and it was nice having the barrel jack plug for power.

I have the Gledopto led strip controller pro and works ok in Hubitat, but when I ask Alexa to change to some colors, the colors are bad. Like the orange, looks like green. When I set to orange in Hubitat, it works. I don't know why it is happening. Works ok with Hubitat, but I not with Alexa.

Has anyone upgraded from the generic RGBW to the advanced rgbw driver?
I seem to have more stability with the advanced driver, but admit that it could totally be a coincidence or in my head.

1 Like

Yes I am also using the advanced driver as it works better for me, but I also have the newer version of the controller (Zigbee 3.0). I had one older version that didn’t work as well with the advanced driver. So I think your mileage might vary based on what version of the controller you have.

1 Like

Is there an actual GLEDOPTO driver out there? I cannot seem to find it.

You don't need it. The generic Zigbee drivers work just fine.

1 Like

I bought the GLEDOPTO GL-C-009P, to control my white deck LED's
Hubitat recognized like "Advanced Zigbee Bulb"

I made a test with 2 LED's works well.

The website shows as Zigbee 3.0, I hope this is true and works well because all my Zigbee devices have a problem with keeping connected to the hub.

Here is a link from Ali

I have several of their controllers (for RGBCCT) and they've been fine. Stayed connected and work great. I like Gledopto gear a lot.

1 Like

Did you ever get the GL-C-006P working properly with Hubitat?