Discussion about the C7

One possible explanation (and I'll have to pull the cover off the switch) is that for the nano, I believe toggling the switch 4 times in rapid succession puts it in pairing mode. It's possible my wife was frustrated and did this and just didn't mention it to me. Would a device which enters pairing mode still show as "OK" in the Zwave settings and be non-functional?

It’s possible.. As long as it responds to a NOP (ping) it will show as OK

More than happy to help get everything cleaned up and running smoothly but should probably take it to its own thread or messages.

I really appreciate your offer of help. I think maybe it's wise just to wait for the next firmware and maybe I can try fiddling with some of the devices in the interim.

Np, I'll be around if ya run into any problems fiddling. Highly recommend picking up a z-stick/uzb it really helps resolve issues quickly and you can pick one up for really cheap on mouser.

1 Like

Just a quick reminder about our beta program. :wink:

2 Likes

Yea, except 2.2.4 isn't in beta yet.

Beta release is imminent.

10 Likes

Holding you to that!

3 Likes

11 Likes

Ignore all the traffic from me. It's not a denial of service attack... Just checking for the update....

7 Likes

That would be a quick way for me to destroy the WAF. :grin:

EDIT: My system is pretty stable with what I need so to avoid boredom, I tweak things that don't need tweaking which in turn breaks things. I do enough damage all on my own to the WAF. :grinning:

7 Likes

Just do some internal testing on a dev hub then pull the trigger.

Yeah, I bought a UZB stick a few weeks ago because that's the only way I was able to remove the Ghost.

IMA Network in PC Controller can map your mesh and can show problems.

3 Likes

So glad I found this thread. Thank you!

1. I bought a new YALE 226 z-wave lock
  2. Join to Hubitat z-wave: lock s essentially nonfunctional.
  3. Drop from Hubitat-zwave and join to SmartThings z-wave: Lock works perfectly on Smartthings.
  4. Drop from SmartThings z-wave, REBOOT HUBITAT, join Hubitat z-wave: TADA! The lock works just as well on Hubitat as SmartThings.

And my other z-wave stuff started working more reliably too.
I'll wait for the patch but configure to reboot every night in the meantime,

Again, thank you.
Martin.

I applied before for the beta program and I was told that applications are not currently being accepted.

I applied on the web site last night and it looked like its accepted by application (or, at least, the site didn't report a problem / rejection).

Probably won't be too much feedback on it until the next beta is released ("imminently").

That's usually when they start going through the lists of hubs, etc, and add them.

-- Insert standard disclaimer on use of beta software --

As always though, remember that it is beta software. While it's usually pretty high quality, there have been multiple times when the beta releases broke things, sometimes very important things. They are always quickly fixed after discovery though.

So keep that in mind when using it on a production hub.

6 Likes

So I'm close to finishing our kitchen remodel and had 3 Inovelli Red switches installed yesterday. I've kept most of my Z-Wave devices on ST because of the reported issues with the C7. I only had 2 battery devices plus hardwired devices: 2 GE/Jasco non-plus dimmers, a single Inovelli Red, and the first of 3 Zooz ZEN31 (which is currently off).

I added the first Inovelli Red (Kitchen Pantry Dimmer) last week. It is one floor above the C7, nearly directly above it. It was working fine. Last night I added a 2nd Inovelli (Kitchen Sink) and it added fine. It is just 10 feet across the room from the Kitchen Pantry. I went to add a 3rd (Kitchen Table) which is just 6 feet away, but it wouldn't pair. At that point, when I looked at the Z-Wave settings, nearly everything was either NOT_RESPONDING or FAILED.

At that point I tried doing a few things. I did a Z-wave repair. When that didn't change things, I rebooted the hub. Nothing so far has helped.

I'm about to physically move the hub up to the kitchen to see if that helps. But I'll note the Cellar Dimmer (a non-plus GE dimmer) is only 5 feet from the C7 and it is NOT_RESPONDING.

Is this indicative of the C7 Z-Wave issues? I'm also about to contact support.