Ghost Devices?

Hah! W/@thebearmay's admission of guilt I'm two-for-two!

Best day ever...going to allow myself a root beer float for dessert tonight to celebrate... :wink:

2 Likes

Oh yum!

2 Likes

Haha sounds like I got some options for these stubborn ghosts. I’ll try the foil before I fire up the Z stick then. I’ll report back with how it goes.

Enjoy your root beer float @danabw!

1 Like

ahh, a good ol' faraday cage

1 Like

Hi everyone, a big thank you for everyone's help. Reporting back on my adventures with these ghosts, and I am happy to say that I was able to remove the ghost today. I clicked the refresh button and then the remove button as soon as the screen reloaded the Z-Wave details, and they magically disappeared. Maybe it's a timing thing like @bobbyD suggested but I didn't have to roll out the tin foil or use a Z Stick, though my sister was rolling out the foil when I to hit the refresh button :smiley:.

Thank you everyone for your tips. I hope I never have ghosts pop up again, but if I do get them again, I'll be using the recommendations discussed on this topic.

4 Likes

When pairing a z-wave device, if it fails, power down the device, look for and remove ghost, reset the device then attempt pairing again.

1 Like

Thanks for the pointers. I’ll make sure to have a active log running and will check the z wave details after every device add.

1 Like