Getting started questions

Hello All. I need a little help getting started on the right foot.

I've got a HE C4 that I bought a couple of years ago, started to work with it, and then shelved it when I got too busy at work (1-man show, 4 locations across 3 states). I'm back now, starting over, looking to set up home automation at my in-laws to help them out (MiL was in serious accident; wheelchair bound until who knows when).

I've upgraded the C4 software to current version but the device was registered to my portal account from 2018 that looks to have been deleted (probably for inactivity). I created a new portal account but appear to be unable reset the registration to the new account.
Are there instructions to factory reset or otherwise reset the registration of the C4?

My other concern is with the Nortec HUSBZB-1...

1. Are there more current firmware versions I should be upgrading my controller with? If so, where can I get files/docs?
  2. Are there better/faster/stronger adapters to us with Hubitat instead of the HUSBZB-1 (Aeotec/Zooz/? for Z-Wave or ConBee/XBee/? for Zigbee)?
  3. Or, should I use what I got and upgrade to a C5 when they are back in stock?

My last question...
Does Hubitat maintain a page that shows what's in the development pipeline or future roadmap? I'd like to know current/future support for S2, SmartStart, Z-Wave Plus v2, Zigbee 3.0, etc...

Thanks for your help!
Patrick

Send an email to support@hubitat.com with a subject "Need registration reset"
Provide identifying information for your hub. probably mac or what you registered it under to begin with. They will get it straightened out for you quickly.
If you've updated to the latest platform, you're fine. I use a C4 and it runs like a well oiled machine.
I don't know if you can change the adapter to a different one. I would think not, but I truly do not know.

1 Like

I think you can for z-wave. Don't know about zigbee.

I have 3 of the C-4's (although, technically one is a C-3) and I have several ZWave networks running at that same time. I only have One Zigbee however. I have one C-4 with the Nortec but I was curious if Aeon's Z-Stick might be better as well. Years ago I swapped one of the Nortec with an Aeon Z-Stick, which means that hub only has ZWave available, and it's been running that way for 18 months, at least. I don't see any appreciable difference.

I really should have swapped it back a year ago, but I've no need for a 2nd Zigbee mesh and the labor of swapping back is all the encouragement I need on those rare occasions when I imagine trying out a 2nd Zigbee mesh. Although the UGLY Wall Warts are pretty much discouragement enough. :smiley:

Thanks.
They sent me to the same migration page that I attempted before (but failed). Maybe they did something on their end because this time it worked just fine.

For the factory reset, that was a bit of a miss. The page they sent me do http://[IPaddr]:8081 didn't take me to a "diagnostic page" as indicated. Instead I got an "update tool page". 

While waiting for further instructions, I did some more digging and found that when you are greeted with the "update tool page" instead of the "diagnostics page" you can go to http://[IPaddr]:8081/resetHub and that will take you to the soft/hard reset page.

Thanks again

1 Like

Thanks for the info.
So it sounds like I'll just keep it as is and maybe later upgrade the production system to a C5 and keep the C4 as a lab/testing unit.

What about the firmware for the HUSBZB-1? Do they update these at all or are they pretty static?