Getting Started, but Hub won't discover anything

Hi there, I am very new to this, but have many smart plugs, smart bulbs, echos and google home devices. Trying to get my habitat up and running, but I can't seem to get it to find anything in my home, but my cell phone.

The add device option from my main screen also just spins.

Could I have a dud HUB?

Thanks for any help!

@MBlake Unlikely. Sorry for your trouble though. Lets go over a couple of things.

Use a pc/mac to go in instead of your phone.

Make sure the platform is up to date (yourhubip>>settings>>check for updates.

After everything there is updated, go to yourhubip>>z-wave details and click update z-wave firmware at the top.

After this is all said and done, shut down the hub from the settings menu. Unplug power to it for 2 mins (at the wall not the hub) and power back up.

Now as for adding/moving stuff you will have to reset or exclude z-wave device before adding and reset zigbee devices. Please look at this thread to avoid some gotchas.

2 Likes

Thank you! I followed all those and hopefully will get something to work. I seem to still be having the issue of any time I try to add a device or add anything (That app bundle -Hubitat Package Manager - has been trying to load for several minutes now and the add device button, has timed out several times).

I am using a PC laptop now with Windows 10. (Really sorry if these are stupid issues).

Thanks

Hmm, that doesn't sound normal. Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Is this the first couple things you have tried to set up, or did it work at first and then after you added some stuff all this happened?

Did you make any changes to any of the settings, like Network settings?

Any errors in the Logs tab, past logs? They might give a clue as to what is going on here.

We also might want to tag support if you are still having issues to see if they can help you in some way. Let us know if you are still having difficulty.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.